Boo! Hope you all had a fabulous Hallowe'en weekend!
And here I am, in costume!
The full outfit:
- Black wig, pulled up in a ponytail on top of my head
- 80s prom dress - thrifted
- Long red nightgown - thrifted
- Tiered peignoir with black trim - thrifted
- Corset, Heart's Content
- Boots - Ash, last seen here (3rd outfit) last month
Of course, L and I did a couples costume! He's Beetlejuice!
I bought a dozen black (and one blackish-red) roses at Value Village as well. I purchased the veil at one of those pop-up Hallowe'en stores.
Above is the "safe for work" version - I did work in my costume all day!
L and I threw a costume party on Hallow'en, and I switched to the NSFW version:
Doesn't L look awesome?
|Officer Vizzini - not impressed|
I sewed all kinds of snakes, spiders, rats, bugs and worms to the inside of his vest, so that he could flash the wiggly critters.
|Surprisingly still not impressed|
On Saturday morning, L and I headed out for lunch at Floyd's Diner.
- Jacket - Etro, consignment; last seen here in January
- Top - Cable & Gauge, thrifted; last seen here with chrysanthemums in September
- Skirt - no label, thrifted; last seen here being blah in August
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last seen here with teal in September
After lunch, I walked over to Fairfield.
I've been debating over keeping this red necklace (the metal is getting worn off), but it had at least this one more use in it.
- Cuff - Rimanchik
- Necklace - Plum
- Earrings - local
I did well with a few basics, and found some fun accessories, on my shop. I popped into My Sister's Closet, then browsed in Lazy Susan's.
I found this nice soft red sweater.
I got rid of my last mustard sweater (2nd outfit, here) because it bagged out really badly whenever I wore it, so I was happy to finally replace it.
I felt in love with this bigass necklace.
I bought a $10.95 grab bag because I liked nearly everything in it.
The earrings are coppery-coloured, and are stamped "Thai".
At Lazy Susan's I found a couple of fun things.
I also really liked these sparkly amber studs.
Today, I did my annual "Day with Aunt Sheila" for my niece Hannah.
- Sweater - Hawick of Scotland, consignment; last seen here in January with my Etro jacket above
- Skirt - Plum; last seen here (4th outfit) in December 2013
- Boots - Aldo, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) on my week off last week
I wore my lovely velvet and wool coat most of the day, and my fluffy scarf and woolly gloves when I needed them.
- Cuff - vintage 80s
- Silver ring - Oscar & Libby's
- Bronze ring - vintage
- Necklace - blogger gift
And now, I'm exhausted! I need to crash on surf and snuggle with Vizzini.