What a lovely weekend, and it's not even over yet!
Kicking it off with Friday's outfit - it was still gloomy and chilly out, so last chance to wear my striped sweater dress before it's too warm for it.
- Dress - Karen Millen, consignment; first worn here in March on our Vancouver anniversary weekend
- Shoes - Michael Kors, thrifted; purchased here for $24.95
- Leather coat (below) - Danier Leather, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit)
I had a lot of appreciative comments on this dress, mostly about how great I look. I'm very careful in educating my coworkers on how to talk to me (and others) about appearances. "Don't be creepy," is my number one rule.
I work hard to maintain my weight (why is it so easy to gain??), and I'm proud of my body. I look good for a 50-year-old!
Outerwear - with an assist from the best accessory: a mischievous cat.
Vizzini was far more interested in my earrings.
|"Mmm, smells tasty."|
I went shopping briefly after work with a colleague.
- Leather/steel cuff - Rimanchik
- Wood earrings - vintage expo
- Lapis lazuli/silver ring - Wendy Brandes
Our Ultimate Frisbee season started on Saturday morning! L and I and a bunch of our friends have been playing for close to 20 years, from April to September at the local high school - our games are friendly and not as competitive as league play. About Ulti here.
- Cashmere sweater - Hawick of Scotland, consignment; last worn here in March under shiny brocade
- Faux batik skirt - no label, vintage, thrifted; last seen here in August 2017
- Boots - Matisse, consignment; last worn here last weekend while out with Ally
- Leather trenchcoat (below) - no label, vintage 70s, thrifted; last seen here in the same outfit as the boots
If you're wondering why I look odd, I have contact lenses in. I play with sunglasses on.
here!). I wear a proper outfit to the field, change into my pants, tee shirt, hat and soccer cleats (see here), and then change back after the game, so that I look presentable in public.
My skirt is a true circle skirt - it's huge!
I worried that it might rain, so I wore my leather trenchcoat - it was also over all my good clothes while we played so that they didn't get wet.
|Ulti stuff ready to go!|
- Silver/turquoise ring - local
- Turquoise earrings - Mango's
No time to nap (I really wanted a nap!), as Mom and I had a date for the last play of our Belfry Theatre season. It was "Salt Baby" (Monday Magazine review here), and it was a good one. A fitting end to a good season overall.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. I could not have been more visible!
- Dress - Tangerine Jill, consignment; purchased here for $44.95
- Shoes - Effortless Bebe, Fluevog; last seen here (5th outfit) in February for Day 1 in my new office
- Jacket (below) - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in March
The bright colours, the movement (this dress is ALIVE), and the reactions to this dress were so strong, I'm going to call this my firecracker dress. Must be deployed with caution at all times!
I didn't have time to wash my hair after Ulti, so I put my hair up into a fuzzy ponytail.
I was a mass of wisps by the time we got home!
Outerwear is starting to verge into wearing one of my jackets or blazers instead. These items are not as heavy as coats and can be worn as part of an ensemble. They live in my closet as opposed to my outerwear closet (shown here).
Why, yes, I am a little teapot.
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Silver/amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
- Earrings - Le Chateau
Mom and I dropped L and I off at our friends' place on her way home, for an evening of board games with them and Cat/Ross. Thanks so much for hosting, Chris and Ali!
- Sweater - J. Crew, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) to see the Wailin' Jennys in concert in February
- Jeans - Gap, thrifted; last seen here with this same sweater, as above (but I wear them around the house a lot)
- Sneakers - Sex Pistols Converse, thrifted; purchased here for $34.95 (but I walk to and from work in these every day)
I actually wasn't able to photograph myself last night (because I changed once I got there, and we got home at 2am!), so I wore the same outfit today to walk to town and get groceries with L.
here, give it a listen!) tonight with some friends, so tomorrow's outfit post will be a two-fer (2 for 1). I'd better sneak a nap in before we go!