I am pretty tough when it comes to weeding out my wardrobe. If an item doesn't work, it's usually gone quickly. Like this dress that I hacked in half to turn it into a blouse.
- Blouse (was a dress) - Supertrash, thrifted; purchased here for $5.00
- Skirt - Ann Taylor, thrifted; purchased here for $29.95
- Shoes - Big Presence Earhart, Fluevog; last worn here in February with a dress that's not a dress
- Coat (below) - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted; last seen here last week
I love the pattern, and that is about it. It didn't breathe and the elbow cuffs were in a weird spot and varied between being too tight and way too loose. But the worse offender was the neckline. It was all over the place! Backward, forward, this shoulder, that shoulder. Bah!
The skirt, on the other hand, was fabulous. SO soft - like buttah! - and just quality all over the place.
Outerwear - now, we're having those kind of days when you need all this stuff in the morning...
- Pashmina scarf - Portolano, thrifted
- Ruffled leather gloves - consignment
here, enjoy my travel pictures. Don't feel the pigeons!).
- Murano glass necklace/earrings - gift from L, Venice, Italy
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Gold/amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's