Way back in the 80s, I owned a wrap-around skirt the exact shape of this one, in silvery-grey velvet - it was really a lovely skirt. It did up with Velcro (really! Velcro was new then!), and it drove me nuts because it was always opening up to my waist.
- Blazer - Boden, thrifted; last worn here in May over a patterned grey
- Top - Express, thrifted; purchased here on the weekend for $14.95
- Skirt - Darling, thrifted; purchased here on the weekend for $12.95
- Shoes - Elegant Conversations Kendra, Fluevog; last seen here in October with autumn cream (love that outfit)
- Coat (below) - Borgeoiis, vintage, thrifted; last worn here in March for Women's Day
My first try at the stair pose:
I knew it would open up when I walked. I knew it would open up when I sat down. I wore a slip under it (a lovely vintage Christian Dior one, if you're interested).
Deep breath, and let's take moment. Stroke the soft silk velvet blazer with the ruffles down the front. Feel your ire slipping away...
The blazer done up. It's so soft - I love wearing it. It's like a hug of velvety kittens.
First outing of my vintage menswear wool and cashmere coat this season.
- Head-wrap - thrifted
- Gloves - Danier
- Scarf - Danier, thrifted
- Slide - Le Chateau
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
- Silver/sodalite ring - Scotland, 1996
- Brooch/earring - vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Single earring - don't remember