Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Lady Garden of Delight Skirt

I loved today's outfit. I always feel good in red - it's my power colour!
I also had to really showcase this fabulous skirt, which I've decided to call the Lady Garden of Delight skirt. Thank you to Melanie for the snazzy name!


  • Sweater - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September with painty poppies 
  • Skirt - no label, vintage 80s, thrifted; purchased here last Friday for $19.99
  • Shoes - Marc; last seen here in March with a lot of dots
  • Coat (below) - Danier Leather

I stuck to a red palette as a background - the skirt is definitely the star. It's a Garden! It's a Lady Garden! It's the Lady Garden of Delight!

Over the day, the elasticized sides of the skirt (go look at the pictures of it from when I bought it to see them better) gave way, which actually gave me a lot of comfort in the waistband. We don't need no stinking elastic!

Other than that, it was lovely to wear, although the length did limit my stride length somewhat.
I totally lucked out on the fit of this - I couldn't try it on! This is why I shop with a tape measure.

Outerwear:
I look so mysterious! I'm doing one of my usual glove/scarf combos (in grey), with a real fur scarf and wool fingerless gloves. The hat is vintage and kept the rain off me while I was out and about. I worked in this, then bused to the dentist for a cleaning, then bused back to town for a haircut. And now I'm home and I'm hungry!

The stuff:
I just adore these shoes - they are pretty comfortable for a full day on my feet. I've had them since October 2013 and have worn them at least 20 times.

Big ol' bling:
I grabbed the necklace at the last minute this morning - I felt like I needed something bigass at the top of my outfit.


  • Earrings - vintage 60s, vintage fair
  • Necklace - Nygard, consignment


 I caught Vizzini napping on the "cuddle benches" this morning.
"Zzzz...kitty treats...shoes to chew..."
I had to get a little closer.
"Mmm...Woman, must you do this? Let me nap."
He's giving me a look. Better run!

18 comments:

  1. Oh, that skirt! Love the red palette and especially love your smile, which shows just how much you love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, such a fabulous skirt, its hem is pretty amazing and I love those beautiful colors (Red!!)!
    You rock red and look gorgeous!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic skirt! Love the hemline. Beautiful with the red car coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great first wearing of that skirt and a lovely name for it too. It fits you perfectly, what a smart idea with the tape measure! The red is just perfect with it, you look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to pick a name I can search on! Thanks, Mica!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous ! the skirt looks even better on that on the hanger - what a great find my dear Sheila ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so chuffed at finding it, thanks, Lorena!

      Delete
  6. I'd already admired the skirt in a previous post, but it's even better looking on you. What an amazingly cheerful outfit. Red is such a powerful colour. Oh, and I shop with a tape measure too ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheila,

    I usually always like your outfits, but this one....oh my! I LOVE every.single.thing about it the skirt, shoes, blouse, coat, hat, scarf, gloves! Talk about purr-faction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's high praise, thank you so much, Larissa!

      Delete
  8. Sheila, that shot, the one with coat, hat et al, wow is the best, THE BEST, total outfit shot of yours, ever! I totally love the from-another-era feel - it's mysterious, yes, but glamorous in a timeless way too. Fantastic x
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Anna! That is so sweet of you!

      Delete


I appreciate every comment, thank you so much! Please feel free to tell me what you think! I will respond to questions.

Cheers,
Sheila