Well, I'm pretty sure that's the longest post title I've ever had.
This is a bigass post (see title), so let's get going!Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Get there and be groovy.
- Dress - A Dress Town Original, vintage 60s, thrifted; last worn here with morange
- Shoes - Fiel; last seen here in August for shopping with Jane
here to their FB page, lots of pictures), and I always like to get my vintage on for it.
- Scarf - thrifted
- Heart locket - local, gift from L
- Wooden ring - Dots
- Copper ring - vintage fair
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, vintage 70s, vintage fair
Thank you to the lovely security lady who took out picture at the end of the night.
|Cat, Karen, Yvonne, me, Elaine|
I had an off night - I wasn't feeling very interactive or outgoing (I think I used it all up at work!), and nothing was really grabbing me. I bought a fraction of what I usually do, but I'm happy with my purchases.
I always find nice things at the WIN stores, and their booth was no exception. Trendy lace blouse?
I also found this lovely heavy plastic cuff for $4.00.
I love these uber-light wood clip-on hoops.
And that was it. I was a little underwhelmed by the vendors this year - a lot of repurposed clothing and furniture, and case after case of jumbled jewelry. But that's okay - I'm still going to keep going to the various fairs around town. There's one soon for Christmas!
On Saturday, we had enough people for a game of Ultimate Frisbee. Last chance to wear something summery!
- Cardigan - Gap, thrifted; last seen here in August with the last wearing of a white skirt
- Dress - Joe Fresh, thrifted; first worn here in August with turquoise
- Shoes - Franco Sarto, consignment; last seen here earlier this month with double patterns
I decided to go for a thrift shop after brunch - I felt like I still had some shopping left in me!
|"My pose is better."|
- Earrings - Le Chateau
From there, I strolled over to the WIN Warehouse Store. Right away, I found an awesome piece in the jewelry display!
I am a sucker for a fall coloured vintage silk scarf.
This is a Lord & Taylor "Extra Fine Merino" wool sweater.
I really liked the fit of this Banana Republic sweater - it was also $15.50.
I like the gold zipper detail on the back. The zipper also has faux leather trim around it.
The item that made my heart leap are these trousers. Do not be deceived by their possibly dorky appearance. Yes, they are really high-waisted.
The colour is a deep satin bronze.
|I would never turn these into shorts!|
I was surprised to see Peter Nygard's label, and even more surprised to see that they were made in Canada! He's been designing clothes in Canada since the late 60s, so my guess of the 70s could be accurate - I'd narrow it down to the late 70s.
The bottom cuff of each leg has a sweet little V, which causes the trousers to pool elegantly at the ankle.
I barely had time to get ready when I got home from shopping. Jump in the shower and bam! Dressed!
- Topper - Design Lab by Lord & Taylor; purchased here a couple of weeks ago for $44.20
- Sweater - Banana Republic, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in April with these same boots
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; purchased here in August for $32.50
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in July for a little shopping
|"Did I hear the swish of tasty fringe?"|
|"I could swear I heard something like food."|
- Necklace - Best, thrifted
- Leather cuff - Guess
- Cuff - vintage 80s, homegrown
- Death Star ring - Soul Flower
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
- Snake ring - BC Museum Gift Shop, vintage 80s, homegrown
Now that the leaves are starting to turn and fall, they're getting trapped in the spider webs.
|"I must retrieve this renegade leaf!"|
|"Why can't I reach it?"|
Frustrated, he continued down the deck.
|"Let's see what's going on over here."|
|"We must declare an emergency!"|
He's been after the leaves all weekend.
This morning, I was up early to go get groceries.
- Jacket - Alison Wonderland, consignment; last seen here (4th outfit) in September 2014
- Cashmere sweater - Harrod's, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in August with lilacs
- Skirt - no label, consignment; last worn here at the same time as the red cowboy boots and sweater above, in April
- Boots - Doc Martens, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in April for Zentangling
I spent the whole afternoon clearing out my closet. Here are some "before" shots.
I'm still relatively tidy on this side.
I checked to see which hung items hadn't gotten worn. I had put all the hanger facing towards me, and then as I wore items, I turned the hanger back away from me.
I didn't wear this long pewter metallic leather skirt by Danier Leather.
Two jackets didn't get worn in the last 6 months:
After pulling out all of my seasonal clothes, this is what was left on my skirt rack and my jacket rack.
A few pairs of pants, and a very small selection of dresses remained.
This is what got packed away for clothes, scarves, belts and flat shoes.
Purses (the big one has more purses inside it) and summer-specific shoes.
And here is "after" - after about 3 hours!
I was surprised at how few shoes and boots I'd actually packed away.
For those who like shoes, some shots of some of my pretties that I kept out from my spring/summer collection.
A shelf of Fluevog booties.
All my "high ankle" shoes:
Phew! I'm exhausted. Time for bed! I hope you had a rockin' weekend!