Ah, what a fantastic weekend! I've had so much fun, I need an extra day just to soak it all in.
Back to Friday we go!here). I chose to go matchy.
I also loved wearing this glorious dress again - it was so fun!
|"Stay home and cuddle with me..."|
- Belt - Plum
- Cuff - thrifted
- Necklace - Nygard, consignment
- Amber ring - 90s junky shop
- Dad's ring - Frances Jewelers, 1960s
- Earrings - local
Friday night was Urbanite at the Art Gallery! The newest exhibit is on Marimekko prints, so I just had to wear my new-to-me patterned 60s maxi.
- Top - Cleo, thrifted; last seen here in January with burgundy and granny shoes
- Skirt - Alex Coleman of California, consignment; purchased here for $40.00
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last worn here last week in February with peach
This is a long scarf made of balls of black rabbit fur - I bought it at a vintage market last summer (here) for $10.00 and this is its first wear...because, how do you wear this kind of thing? It works poorly as an actual scarf (the balls are fairly rigid, hee hee).
- Leather obi - consignment
- Ball cuff - vintage 70s, vintage fair
- Moon cuff - vintage 60s, Matisse, vintage fair
- Solid cuff - vintage 60s, Renoir, Grandma J's
- Link cuff/earring - vintage 60s, Renoir, vintage fair
- Swirly earring - vintage 60s, Renoir, vintage fair
I wore all the copper.
They had a photobooth set up in the Gallery where you could take props and do pictures. L and I:
Me and my Zentangle friend, K:
On Saturday morning, L and I went to Floyd' for breakfast, then did some shopping for Winesday and MANsday that night.
- Sweater - Spense, consignment; last seen here a year ago(!) in March 2014
- Skirt - La Fleur de Mon Secret, consignment; last worn here in December 2013 (yikes!) with peach and green
- Boots - Mini Babycakes, Fluevog; last seen here (2nd outfit) in my steampunk Victorian tea outfit
|I wore a full vintage slip under this - you can see peep of the hem showing.|
- Belt - Talbot's, thrifted
- Copper jewelry - as above
I spent a lovely leisurely Saturday afternoon reading, watching some PVRed shows and prepping my food for Winesday. I took a make-your-own nacho bar, complete with red/white chips, spiced ground turkey breast, and all the veggies and cheeses and dips. It was soooo good!
Vizzini disappeared for a while.
|"You can't see me!"|
|"Really? You're going to poke at the monster?"|
|"I hear there's a big patch of sun on the bed."|
This morning was nice and slow. Sleep in and have a couple of strong coffees.
- Dress - Casuals Unlimited, vintage 70s, thrifted; last seen here in November 2014 with caramel
- Boots - Aldo, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in January with stripes
Of course, since most people will only see my outerwear, who cares what that dress looks like?
|This is nearly a bare face with no-product hair - lazy Sunday!|
- Coat - Desigual; last seen here (2nd outfit) in December 2014 for brunching
I had a lovely little shop after groceries, and spent the rest of the money my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas (I used it to buy my last two expensive pairs of those as well).
At Leka, I fell in love with this cage cuff:
Another mid-finger ring - it's rare for me to find one for my pinky!
I sometimes take the time to wander through Vanity Fair Antique Mall and look at all the vintage jewelry and antiques. They have a clothing section in back.
Not familiar with the name Prosper and Devine, although they've been around since 2008.
And get this:
My last present from my mother-in-law was some drawing gear:
And how was your weekend? Were you up to any mischief, like me?