I wouldn't call this past weekend relaxing per se, but it sure was fun! Thank goodness for a long weekend next week (although I do not get Easter Monday off, boo).
Let's get started - here's my outfit for the Art Gallery event on Friday night!Style Crone. Killer hats! It'll be up soon!
- Dress - Stop Staring!; purchased here last weekend
- Hat - custom-made, Tierre Joline; last seen here for the September 2013 Vintage Expo
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last worn here in February with Lacroix
|"I pose like the woman."|
The hat blended into my hair - did you see it?
|"I'll meow until she looks."|
It was lightly raining when Elaine and I walked down, so I only wore a thin wool vintage coat.
here. Isn't that cool? The local paper did an article on her after that, here. I'm so happy for her - she's a lovely person and her hats are amazing!
- Purse - Accessorize
- Ear cuff - Claire's
- Earrings - local
- Death Star ring - Stone Roses
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop
- Spinner rings - local
- Bitty ring - local
Vizzini was furious that I wouldn't give him his kitty treats early.
|"I am a seething ball of fury!"|
The event was tied into the local opera, so they had some performances of opera pieces. I'm not a major fan of opera, but I love the Art Gallery, and I like people-watching.
Three of the leads singing with gusto.
Later on, a whole bunch of singers performed on the staircase.
There was a demonstration of Kabuki face-painting. While the singers were performing, I saw the make-up artist working through the window of the house.
After that woman's make-up was done, I spotted her posing in front of this large painting.
These two ladies were so fun!
After a nice sleep-in on Saturday morning, L and I went for brunch.
- Jacket - Le Chateau, consignment; last seen here in December 2014, with - you guessed it - this skirt and these boots!
- Skirt - vintage 80s, Pioneer, vintage fair; last worn here in that same outfit as the jacket
- Boots - Indigo by Clark's; last seen here in February with equestrian stuff
And so swooshy!
- Necklace - vintage fair
It's been a little on the rainy side this weekend, but it's warm enough to let Officer Vizzini on the deck.
|"The neighbourhood's a shambles! I must patrol!"|
|"Wait, is that a bug? Must investigate."|
|"I will eat you, bug!"|
We had a late night on Saturday - our friends Liz and Nigel came over to play Arkham Horror (their first time). We ended around 1:30am!
Today, L dropped me off in town to get groceries. One last fall/winter outfit for me.
- Sweater - Expression, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in December 2014 with red plaid
- Skirt - MNG, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in October 2014 with lots of red
- Boots - Aldo, consignment; last seen here last weekend for our annual trip to Vancouver
Everything is better with orange.
I might have stopped in at Rich Rags after I got groceries. They might have had a 50% off sale on.
This awesome jacket was $65.00.
All afternoon, I've been cleaning out my closet.
Vizzini always helps.
|"Is that food?"|
These are all the shoes I packed away for the spring and summer. Oh, there are a few missing - they got put into shoe boxes and tucked away in the closet before I took this picture.
Piles of belts, blouses, skirts, jackets and more skirts and jackets.
The winter purses that I barely used, dresses, and the shoes and boots that are going back into the closet. This is before I unpacked all the stuff under the bed; those shoes are ones I've purchased and haven't worn yet (at least 5-6 pairs!), and my yellow and aqua Fluevogs that were in shoeboxes.
And time passes...
All the shoes! I barely had enough room.
I got very ambitious and cleaned my chandelier in the closet.
I even ironed a few dresses, blouses and pieces that got very wrinkled in storage.