I'm finally starting to relax - I have all my Christmas shopping done! And all I have to look forward to is quiet days at work, as everyone goes on vacation, and getting together here and there with friends and family.
Whoop! Sign me up for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style!
- Dress - Dept., thrifted; last seen here in October with orange
- Shoes - Cydwoq; last seen here for Shoe Shine, but last worn here in March with Leia and Morena
- Belt - vintage 80s, thrifted
- Earrings - local
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
I had a shopping date with my colleague Sarah after work - she's new to Victoria so I introduced her to the WIN Warehouse store. She found a skirt, a gorgeous grey wool vintage pencil skirt - such great quality!
I did well myself, finding a vintage back camisole for $2.50 (not pictured, it's just basic), and this fabulous hand-made dress:
It fits like a dream, and oh my goodness, really?
The buttons are self-covered metal forms that the person who sewed this dress made to match. One of the buttons' fabric is torn. I just snipped it off and replaced it with the one at the bottom hem of the skirt. Voila! I always knew I'd use those Brownies sewing badge skills!
On Saturday, L and I had intended to get up early for breakfast at Floyd's and then get our final Christmas shopping done for each other (my favourite part) solo afterwards. We slept in (okay, I slept in) and dawdled (um, that was me too) so went a little later.
- Sweater - Simply Cashmere, thrifted; last worn earlier this month here
- Skirt - INC, consignment; last worn here in a very seasonal outfit in December 2013
- Coat - Desigual; last worn here for our annual pilgrimage to Vancouver last March
- Boots - Prepare Guide, Fluevog; last seen here in November with chartreuse
I got many compliments on the coat. It is a rather spectacular piece. I had to quickly sew a button onto it before we left (see, not "dawdling"!). There goes that sewing badge again!
- Cuff/earring - Claire's
- Feather earring - local
As I said, I did finish all my Christmas shopping. I'm not supposed to shop for me, but how could I leave these scores behind? I do shop in thrift stores for stuff for L all the time...can I help it if I glanced around and these things just leaped out at me?
These utterly charming vintage earrings?
And seriously, you can't expect me not to get these.
They are all the adjectives.
Which is probably why their original owner donated them to the thrift store. They have never been worn.
And how how was your weekend?