Digging through my not-yet-worn spring/summer purchases, I remembered this Marimekko print dress that I'd found in Sidney on a shopping expedition with Cat, back in October of last year.
- Wrap cardigan - Kersh; last worn here in September 2020 with a pouffy printed skirt
- Dress - Marimekko for Banana Republic, 2014, thrifted; purchased here for $24.98
- Shoes - Leith, consignment; last seen here in September 2020 with shades of pink
- Coat (below) - Tangerine Jill, thrifted; last worn here in April
I chose to wear my lavender wrap cardigan over the dress for a more office-appropriate look - not that anyone really noticed it as there were only four people in the office today in addition to me.
Masked up - this is a black and white pattern.
The dress was lovely to wear, although it dips a little low in the cleavage region for my taste - I'd wear it with a cami under it if there were actually people in my office.
Here's me after work without the cardi.
This Marimekko print is called "kivet" and was created by Mija Isola in the mid-1950s.
I didn't remember to do just a dress pic in the morning, and the cardi is a pain to take off and rewrap, so you get me in my more disheveled state, nine hours later.
Outerwear - it's still chilly in the mornings.
- Gloves - thrifted; purchased here for $7.95
- Silk scarf - vintage 80s, thrifted
- Mask - by Mom
- Necklace - Banana Republic, consignment
- Plastic cuff and ring - vintage 60s, Italian, vintage mall
- Bangles - thrifted
- Silver/amethyst ring - vintage mall
- Wooden earrings - vintage expo
As you can see, the wooden earring that snapped in half is so perfectly fixed, you can't even tell which one I repaired! In fact, I can't tell from that picture at all.