Happy Friday, my friends! I've just returned home from the strange experience of eating indoors with friends. How novel!After work, I met L (who's on his birthday week vacation as of today), Nick and Arnold at the Garrick's Head Pub - reader Laurie and blog-pal Ally, you've been there with me! I ate food that other people prepared - I highly recommend it.
- Jacket - Dex, consignment; last worn here in August 2020 with vintage Pierre Cardin and much red
- Dress - Tabitha, thrifted; last seen here in July 2020 with red shoes
- Shoes - Aldo, thrifted; last worn here in October 2020 for a Wonder Woman shop in Sidney with Cat
But - whoooooo - that felt like a lot of people. I can see I'm going to have to ease myself back into large groups of people in public. I am really not good with crowds (I've fainted a few times).
I've called this my Lifesaver dress since I bought it a couple of years ago. I love the candy-coloured stripes, and that red pattern down the middle is actually embroidered. Klassy!
As it's too cold to go sleeveless, I wore my tatty plaid jacket with it.
Bring on the red! I want more red!
I liked how this went with the stripes. Rows of ruffles for the win!
Masked up (mask by Mom). The pattern echoes the embroidery.
- Earrings - Tania Gleave, Granville Island
- Brooch - Coro, vintage fair
- Fulvia Ring/lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Today was a good reminder to take care of myself first. My social schedule is filling up again, as we start to make plans for seeing people in the upcoming months, and I'm focusing on ensuring I get enough downtime/recovery and that I don't get overwhelmed or panicky. Going back to normal is scary!
And with that, I wish you all peace and calm and a happy weekend - I will be back on Sunday with tales of adventure.
"They call me...the Purr-Meister."
Now I'm going to go indulge in another one of my favourite things: Purr Therapy!