I made an effort and got dressed on Tuesday, instead of lounging around in my house-clothes. Why? I had not one, not two, but THREE Zoom calls scheduled!
I have a reputation to uphold! I'd better build an outfit!
- Blouse - Urban Outfitters, consignment; first worn here in July 2020 with Gaultier Jean's
- Sweater - Bleu Gray, thrifted; last seen here in August 2020 with an optic cardigan
- Mermaid skirt - no label, vintage 70s, thrifted; last worn here in December 2019 with a red pleated blouse
- Boots - Mini Babycakes, Fluevog; last seen here in October 2020 with leopard (and Flashbacked there)
I spent some solid mental health time playing in my closet in the morning. That quiet Zen-like calm that I get from thrift shopping also applies to my closet time. I must do it more!
I quite liked how the high-waisted lumberjack plaid shirt went with the high 70s waist on this amazing mermaid skirt.
I left this on until L got home from work, just so he could see my magnificence. He was suitably impressed.
- Necklace - All Saints, gift from Dominique
- Raven cuff - Jezebel Charms, gift from L
- Brass/leather cuff - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Klimt ring - consignment
- Brutalist ring - vintage 70s, vintage mall
No, bud, you have to stay inside.
I Zoomed with Mom first. We had a lovely chat.
Vizzini came for a visit.
"Is the Lady in your computer?"
He hasn't figured out the camera.
After that, I had a call with Ally (of Shybiker) and my dear friend Elaine. You might remember that we three all met up in Hamilton, Ontario back here in July 2019. Unfortunately, we got cut off before I could capture us onscreen!
"At least they got to see me, the Very Important Cat."
Vizzini is very helpful.
It was fabulous to catch up with everyone! Thanks so much for your time, my dear friends!
Flashback: Vintage 70s Mermaid Skirt
I bought the skirt here in January 2019, on one of my regular weekend trawlings of the big WIN store downtown. It was in their vintage section and it leapt out at me.
These are the only tags in it. Made in Italy (vintage size 12/modern size 8).
I wore it to work right away with my L'Wren Scott blouse (due for a wear).
I wore it for a weekend Family Day hangout in February 2019.here), same belt as above.
This is the above outfit again, but I had to include this picture as I always wear this red coat over the skirt - they look so good together.
Plus this pic has L and Vizzini in it, so it's automatically 100% better, right?
And this is the last time I wore the skirt, in December 2019, again with the same red blouse.
I added a red snakeskin belt there, and I'm wearing the same brown Fluevog boots.
Mathy stuff: Today makes the 4th time I've worn this skirt, bringing me to $2.25 per wear, but seeing these few looks makes me realize I need to push myself from all this red and brown. I need some more ideas on what to wear with this skirt! Any thoughts?
I planned my outfit for Wednesday to be appropriately funky/colourful and representative of Me, as I had an appointment with our new hairdresser, Kelsey. I don't want her thinking I'm one of those "normal" people, right?
- Jacket - Zara, consignment; purchased here for $30.00
- Blouse - Talbots, thrifted; last seen here in December 2020 with leather pants and floral embroidery
- Joggers - Lady Dutch, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) for Nick's birthday in the park in August 2020
- Shoes - Arnold Churgin, thrifted; last seen here in January with a plethora of pink and purple
- Coat (below) - Auckie Sanft, vintage 60s, vintage fair; last worn here in November 2020
I built this outfit around this new-to-me jungle print blazer.
However, finding a top took a little longer.
I liked how well these all worked together - so harmonious.
All this pink makes me so happy. Would you believe I used to loathe pink? I've only come around in the past 10 years or so.
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Gloves - consignment
- Mask - Lazy Susan's
Why not go really bold with some Barbie pink? I love the classic vintage look of these.
I picked up on the two pearl buttons on the blazer's cuffs for my jewelry theme.
- Earrings - thrifted
- Bracelet - thrifted
- Silver/smoky topaz ring - Anneli Neuman, Sweden, vintage mall
- Jade/brass ring - vintage 70s, Mom's
Flashback: Lady Dutch Olive Green Satin Joggers
Although I haven't had these satin joggers for very long, I have worn them a fair bit - enough to warrant a Flashback! I bought them here in March 2019 on one of my now-infrequent weekend shopping expeditions at the big WIN (Women In Need) store downtown. I liked the neutral grey-ish-olive shade, and the dull/matte panel down the sides - a nice detail.
They're by Lady Dutch, and are a draw-string waist, but they have nice big pockets.
They were only $6.95! A good thing, too, as they are spill magnets - I seem to drip something on them every single time I wear them (today being no exception!). Fortunately, they are fully machine washable.
I wore them not long after, in April 2019.
"Are you still talking, Woman?"
I need to wear that cool blazer again soon. Shoes Flashbacked here.
What to wear with a top that has a kajillion colours in it?
I liked the chartreuse bookends of this look from July 2019.
Pandemic lockdown shenanigans for Star Wars Day in May 2020 - I wore them as part of my Princess Leia outfit.
Mathy stuff: With today's outfit, that makes 7 wearings: a whopping 99 cents per wear, which is excellent.
Considering I'm not a "jogger" person, I think I've done pretty good with these! How would you wear them?