The only time I looked like this was in the restaurant. We went to Pagliacci's (aka Pags), a local favourite.
I love this burnt orange dress - I like the puffed sleeves and the 60s mod look of it.
Outerwear - I have many accoutrements for various weather situations.
- Hat - Delux
- Scarf - Metrowear, San Francisco
- Gloves - Danier Leather
- Purse - Acadia, consignment
Mostly it was rain, so I looked like this, all masked up too.
- Brooch - vintage, vintage fair
- Necklace - D'Orlan, vintage 60s, thrifted
- Leather/chain wrap - local
- Studded leather wrap - Kipling, thrifted
- Klimt wood ring - consignment
- Silver poison ring - Karen's
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Gold earrings - gift from Mom
We spent a couple of hours in Dots, mostly browsing for Cat, as I'd recently done a shop there.
Back to work on Wednesday! It's so exciting, delving into the new-to-me items and making new outfits. The first few weeks of my bi-annual capsules are always my favourites, for the surge of creativity that they bring.
- Cashmere sweater - Talbots, thrifted; last seen here in March - my final outfit of the fall/winter season last year
- Skirt - 525 America; purchased here for $23.99
- Shoes - Mini QTee, Fluevog, consignment; last worn here in March with burgundy and leopard
- Coat (below) - Denny Rose, consignment; last seen here in March
However, it looks burgundy in these pictures, so let's just pretend these are all accurate for every lighting condition, shall we?
The skirt is much swooshier than it looks - the bottom section is a wider ribbed knit and it flicks and swings in a most delicious way.
I was happy to have a nice cashmere sweater on today too.
- Copper necklace - Matisse by Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Copper/red enamel cuff - Matisse by Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage expo
- Copper feather cuff - vintage fair
- Copper earrings - vintage expo
- Klimt wood ring - consignment
- Feather ring - Fossil, thrifted
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, c. 1970, vintage expo
- Hair clips - consignment
Flashback: Mini QTee, Fluevog
I buy most of my Fluevogs new, but every so often, I spot a pair in a consignment store and I go for it. I bought these from Rich Rags back here in September 2011 - NINE years ago! - for $99.00 which felt like a lot. However, these shoes sold for $285.00 new, so I felt better.
I wore them first in September 2011, with a cashmere rugby sweater.
This is what I wore to an Urbanite at the Art Gallery in November 2011 - pretty mild for me!
Get used to this abstract blouse - I wore it a LOT with these shoes. These are the days when I had a much smaller wardrobe.
That blouse again - this is October 2012, during my 30 For 30 For 12 Wardrobe Challenge, during which I wore these shoes three times.
Outfit #2 from October 2012. Long-time readers may remember my cranes cardigan from way back.
Third outfit from October 2012, and that's the same blouse and skirt as two looks ago (duh, that's how capsules work0.
This was in February 2013 when I briefly had blonde hair.
Oh, I still have blonde hair in March 2013.
I enjoyed this gorgeous burgundy wool suit (that I paid $18.00 for!) for a couple of years before passing it along to Yvonne.
This was a fun vintage dress, seen in November 2014.
A slightly wackadoo outfit for Saturday brunch in February 2015.
This is a very classy look from September 2015.
I'm wearing the same scarf and hoops here in January 2016.
This painty-plaid silk skirt was so pretty, seen here in November 2016.
I look sick here (and I was!) - this was Valentine's Day, February 2017.
Here's a fan favourite from October 2017: my Urban Camo dress!
I probably got my Fendi belt around this time, as I've paired it twice in a row with these shoes.
This is a nice chill outfit, from December 2018.
I adore this outfit. That red blouse and that mermaid skirt are two favourites still in my wardrobe.
Ooh, I can't wait to wear this dress again soon - this was in March 2019.
This is a fun Hallowe'en-ish look, from October 2019.
And here is the last time I wore them, in March 2020.
Mathy stuff: I tend to wear these shoes twice a year, but they really do deserve to be seen more! Including the current outfit, I have now worn them 24 times, bringing me to $4.13 per wear. Awesome!