Hello, my friends! I took a day off from the computer on Sunday while we watched football playoffs, so today's post is both my single outfit of the weekend, plus my work outfit on Monday.
- Vest - Phool, vintage 90s, consignment; purchased here for $65.00
- Sweater - Karl Lagerfeld, consignment; last seen here in March 2020 with leopard
- Skirt - Ann Taylor, thrifted; last worn here in December 2019 with a Pant-Man blouse
- Boots - Baroque Velasquez, Fluevog; last seen here in November 2020 with pink and houndstooth
L and I had driven to Pluto's so that we could zip across town in Vlad to a framing place (we're finally getting this print famed), then on to a hardware store, a housewares store and an automotive store for some stuff.
"Look out, Darth Sheila is coming," said L.
We also got new curtains for the living room/dining room, and I'll be putting those up tomorrow, probably.
Without the vest.
Sorry, I missed taking a photo of the mask (I didn't see your responses until Monday), but I'll be doing photos of my outerwear stuff, including my masks, going forward. This mask is red/burgundy chrysanthemums with gold outlines.
- Gloves - Club Monaco, consignment
- Purse - Roots, thrifted
- Necklace - vintage, thrifted
- Gold hoop earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
- Silver/smoky topaz ring - Anneli Neuman, Sweden, vintage mall
- Amber ring - c. 1996
For Monday's outfit, I was puttering around in my closet, looking for backwards hangers to tell me what I hadn't worn yet. This sweater isn't on a hanger (gads, I don't hang knitwear!), but it was at the bottom of its pile (the patterned sweater stack), so I knew it was due.
- Sweater - Bernice Creations, vintage 70s, vintage fair; first worn here in March 2020 with cream and teal
- Shirt - Yest; last seen here layered in a leopard suit for the dentist in December 2020
- Trousers - Cartonnier, thrifted; last worn here in October 2020 with green and rust
- Shoes - Hispanitas; last seen here in December 2020 in that same leopard outfit
- Coat (below) - Mallia, consignment; last worn here a week ago
We'll be having a wee Flashback on these trousers in a bit.
Outerwear - it's clear and cold out, and I keep hearing about snow on the way, but so far nothing. Being at sea level does have its advantages.
My wonderful baby alpaca coat is a joy to wear.
New feature! More stuff!
- Mask - Lazy Susan's
- Fur scarf - Danier, thrifted
- Wool/faux fur gloves - Parkhurst
- Necklace/bracelets - Renoir, vintage 60s, various vintage/thrift stores
- Copper/enamel cuff - Matisse by Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage expo
- Copper/turquoise ring - c. 1960s, Grandma J's
- Copper/enamel clip-on earrings: Matisse by Renoir, c. 1960s, Grandma J's
The exceptions in the above picture are the ring and earrings, both of which I got after my grandma died around 1995-6. I vividly remember her wearing the earrings through the 70s and 80s, and they have wear patterns on the back from her. I think she would love that I have been wearing them all this time.
Flashback: Cartonnier Plaid Trousers
I haven't actually had these trousers for all that long, but nothing else in this outfit needs a Flashback right now. I picked these up in June 2018 (here) at the big WIN store downtown, on a wee shop after brunch, post-Ultimate Frisbee.
But up close, it's black with teal green and tan. That's woven, not printed, fabric, and I'm very happy that the fabric has been lined up horizontally, with it angled on the waistband and pocket trim. Nice detail.
They are by Cartonnier, which is an Anthropologie brand. You can see the nice teal piping, the hand-stitched edges and the lining (which is only to the bottom of the pockets.
I wore them right away with this funky printed top that has all the colours of the plaid in it.
I wore the trousers again in October 2018 with this long caramel cardigan and some cheap shoes that I no longer have.
After wearing the pants here in May 2019, I put the trousers in the giveaway pile - they went to Caro as I felt like I didn't have pieces that went with them. I also passed along this top (to Vero, I think).
Flash forward to February 2020...Caro had them in her giveaway pile when I was at her house that month, I saw them and took them back.
I do still tend to match at least one colour from the pattern on the trousers, as I did a couple of weeks later, still in February 2020.
And here's the last time I wore them, again with that rust cardi, in October 2020.
Mathy stuff: I haven't really maximized their full potential at only 7 outfits so far, but at $2.14 per wear, I'm very happy.
What would you wear with these trousers? Do you have plaid pants in your wardrobe?