Hello, my friends! The weekend is here - although all work days kind of feel like Fridays on my schedule - and I'm eager to chill out and relax in front of our new fireplace! I'm saving my "in process" and final pictures for its own post, however, so you'll have to wait to see how spiffy our living room looks. We also need to move a few things around and fuss and re-hang pictures, and you know how that can snowball...
So, Fancy Friday! As soon as I bought this skirt, I knew what I'd be wearing with it.
Namely, this red suede jacket.
- Suede jacket (part of a skirt suit) - Holt Renfrew, vintage 90s, thrifted; last worn here in November 2020 with a plaid dress
- Blouse - Scotch & Soda, Maison Scotch, thrifted; purchased here for $9.95
- Skirt - Jones New York, c. 2006; purchased here for $26.40
- Shoes - Coffee Sumatra, Fluevog; last worn here in October 2020 with black florals
- Coat (below) - Denny Rose, consignment; last seen here in November 2020
As you may or may not know, I dislike patterns that don't read well on camera - delicate small-scale prints are not something you'll see me in very often. This top and skirt just skate the edge of that line.here), and the skirt's is waves of tan, cream, red and black.
The blouse looks like eyeballs from a distance.
The skirt was lovely to wear - so swooshy! Swoosh Factor 8, easy.
I realized that the outer layer is sheer, but the lining (which is the same print) is semi-opaque. I wore a vintage black half-slip under this for warmth.
Without the jacket, although I never took it off. I have a black camisole on under the top.
Outerwear - I also knew I'd be wearing this jacket with this outfit.
Fully bundled up.
The suede coat was a tight fit under this, but I appreciated all the layers - it was so cold today! I thought longingly of the fireplace all day at work.
- Fur toque/scarf - Danier Leather
- Velvet gloves - Cejon, thrifted
- Mask - by Mom
- Leather obi - thrifted
- Leather cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Fang bangle - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Sidney
- Silver/onyx ring - Toccara, vintage fair
- Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Earrings - thrifted
Here's a glimpse of the new draperies in the living room, as I zoom in on an unsuspecting Vizzini.
"What are you up to, Woman?"
The red curtains are black-out (we get the setting sun, facing west), and the cream ones with embroidered fern-y bits are more sheer. They're "striped" or staggered so that we can open the window, have diffuse light (but not direct sun) or have no sun (when watching TV/movies). I need options!
Wishing you all a safe, calm few days - I'll be back on Sunday with tales of adventure. Thank you so much for stopping by.