A bit of an outfit catch-up as I cruise into my week off work, and, like Patti's "Visible Monday", I'm taking a media break.
But before we get to that above outfit and event, let's go back to Friday's outfit. Last day before my week off...
- Jacket - Etro, consignment; last worn here in February with leather pants
- White shirt - thrifted; last worn here in May under a heavy sweater
- Skirt - Handcut by Preloved, gift from Emily, first shown here
- Boots - Vog Together, Fluevog, consignment; first worn here in April with a funky dress
I'd intended to wear it like this:
The belt is in the giveaway pile after this first outing. It did not stay in place - the buckle is too heavy, and it kept falling down, and pulling off to the side.
Hand in pocket.
I ended up wearing my jacket all day, both for warmth and to class it up a bit.
I did take the jacket off several times to show off the lining.
With my little purse, in its inaugural wear.
- Purse - Prada, gift from Dominique
- Ring - consignment
- Earrings - don't remember
- Belt - thrifted for $4.95, first and last wearing
I rescinded my acceptance for Saturday Ultimate Frisbee due to my back. It was feeling slightly better, but I wanted to be safe. Instead, I slept in and walked (slowly) to town to meet L and Nick for lunch at Floyd's after the game.
- Shrug - Marciano, thrifted; last seen here with stripes and floral in April
- Dress - Nanette Lepore, thrifted; purchased here in October 2017 for $5.00
- Shoes - Prepare Guides, Fluevog; last worn here in the same outfit as the shrug in April
Minimal make-up and effort made.
The dress was...okay. It is very low cut in the boobular region, which led to quite a bit of fussing.
This will probably be awesome in very hot weather, but I don't think it will last long in my wardrobe.
The cut doesn't line up with regular bra straps.
- Ring - local
- Earrings - Mango's
We had a birthday party for L on Saturday night. Here's the cake!
We had a "2018 Bond Villains Ball" theme party for his 48th birthday!
- Dress - Antonio D'Errico, thrifted; purchased here for $15.00
- Shoes - Effortless Bebe, Fluevog; last seen here (3rd outfit) in April with the firecracker dress
Guests were asked to dress up as either a James Bond-style villain or a henchperson/sidekick, and to bring a backstory or scheme for world domination.
I'm Cacklin' Rosie (a word-play off the Neil Diamond song, "Cracklin' Rosie"), a henchperson for hire, in the vein of Harley Quin from Batman.
The dress was very stretchy and easy to wear, and the shoes were nice and low, so that I didn't strain my back.
- Bangle - local
- Dragon bangle - Lazy Susan's
- Crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Amethyst/gold ring - Dad's, Frances Jewelers, c. 1965
- Earrings - gift from Sherri
- Leaf bracelet - vintage, thrift shop in Powell River
We had a guest book to sign. There were some really funny, bizarre and drunken schemes for taking over the world!
This is my "advertisement" of my services for hire.
Vizzini hid for most of the party, but hoovered up cake crumbs while we slept in the next day.
|"I'm full of cake and chip bits. You people are messy."|
|"When I want your lap, I'll take it."|