It's a low mojo week. Lo-Mo, anyone?
- Dress - Ports International, vintage 80s, thrifted; purchased here for $19.99
- Boots - Miz Mooz; last seen here in January with purple plaid
- Raincoat (below) - Parkhurst, thrifted
I thought when I bought this dress that it was from the 80s, assuming that Ports International had gone out of business (like so many mall stores and boutiques). However, they still have a website, they still make dresses (which sell for around $500-750 US).
After a peruse, though, I'm going to stick with my original assessment and put this at early 1980s, possibly around 1982-83. Some of that is based on the style, the fact that it's made in Hong Kong, is 100% wool and that the label looks like it has some age.
It was lovely to wear and not itchy from being wool (I am wearing a full vintage nylon slip under it, navy blue, if you care). Also, pockets!
My new wool purple beret (consignment) and my purple gloves (Danier Leather), together with the purple/blue of the coat and of course my purple hair, garnered me another "So lavender-y!" comment from the clerk at 7-Eleven where I pick up my daily papers.
Black and gold bling:
- Leather/chain cuff - local
- Bangle - Trifari, vintage 60s, thrifted
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
Oops, I nearly forgot the Santa belt!
It's been hiding in our "tickle trunk" aka "the dress-up box" for over a decade. L and I were digging around in there, looking for Hallowe'en inspiration recently, and I thought, "This needs to be in my wardrobe!"
We were invited to a "go to your prom"-themed party sometime in that 2001-2002 range, and this is what I wore:
|This is a picture of an actual photograph!|
- L's fedora,
- some long ropes of pearls that I've had since the 80s,
- my mom's white lace gloves (I still have them),
- some black skirt,
- patterned tights (which were a new thing back then), and
- my Bronx boots (last seen here, ha! for Nick's 50s birthday in August 2010).
Flashback! The belt was stuffed into the costume box over a decade ago because it was too small to actually wear (and I got bigger), but now it's loose on me done up to the tightest notches. And it's back in my closet.