Whew, it's been a whirlwind of a week. Here's Thursday!
- Dress - Christian Lacroix for Desigual, thrifted; first worn here in January with sparkly chicken legs
- Shoes - Tod's, thrifted; last seen here in February with leopard and lame
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style - go, go, go! I'm also participating in Anne's "53 Pick-me-up" this week, featuring sky blue (my newly-purchased blouse below). Go say hello!
I still have him in my arms here (you can see the tip of his tail on the right).
- Belt - vintage 60s, Mom's
- Necklace - Givenchy, vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Earrings - vintage fair
I hosted Book Club, including feeding everyone dinner. I made chicken jalapeno corn chowder, and did a bunch of finger food. It was a rush of an evening, trying to get home from WW before my guests arrived!
- Blouse - Antonella, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here layered under my stained glass dress in February
- Skirt - Tulle, thrifted; first worn here while giving the cold shoulder in mid-February
- Boots - Mini Babycakes, Fluevog; last worn here (3rd outfit) last weekend for Sunday brunch
One of my coworkers noted how tiny my waist looked in this. Yes! This wide belt felt awesome, although I had to adjust the back zip area frequently (not done below, as you can tell by the lumpy-bumpy).
- Belt - thrifted
- Mink brooch - thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
Vizzini was determined to maw on this mink brooch. He gnawed at my hand covering it when I picked him up.
Friday was that kind of day. I needed a quick run through the WIN Warehouse store. I had been obsessing about this baby-blue blouse that I saw last time I was in there, and didn't buy.
I was gobsmacked to find this fabulous dress:
Also, I gasped at the label.
|It has a white fleck throughout the fabric|
At $45.98, this is one of the more expensive thrift items I've ever bought, but when I checked the Comrags website (here, linking 'cause I love), I see that their dresses run in the $400 range (some on sale in the $200 range). I actually found this dress in their collection - it's from Fall-Winter 2011 and is called the "Sleeveless Pride Dress". Check it out here, 7th row down, far left thumbnail. It is a "men's wool" fabric, with a high wool content - it's fully-lined and is made in Canada. I am in total love with it!
I also picked up a new shirt for L - he loved the fun print.
Friday night, we chilled and played "Arkham Horror" and hung out with Vizzini. Saturday morning was mild - time for brunch.
- Top - Abercrombie & Fitch, thrifted; purchased here for $4.00
- Trousers - TopShop, thrifted; last seen here on Monday with Gaga shoulders
- Shoes - Miista; last worn here in February with green jungle and leather
The ladies at the diner loved this outfit. I felt very "me" in it. Funky and stylish.
- Cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
I had a couple of chores to do downtown, so I might have popped into a couple of stores...like the St. Vincent de Paul.
The cuffs snap up, and there's also a snap at the back.
I still had a credit at Footloose, one of my favourite (dangerous!) shoe stores in town. These lovely Hispanitas made me catch my breath.
I also popped in to The Velvet Crease, but I didn't like their current selection - it was like they'd bought the contents of a closed store (one catering to large ladies who like linen - not dissing those ladies at all, but the clothes were not my cup of tea).
Not even worn!
Vizzini has been very excited lately. He's up to no good here, I'm sure.
|"I could bolt at any second!"|
|"I'm here! What should I do?"|
|"This is my floor, and this is my wall."|
|"It's patrol time, ma'am. Try to stay back."|
|"Something's missing...where are my trees?"|
|"This is outrageous. I'll have to investigate further."|
And here we are at today! My Winesday crew is celebrating dear Cat's birthday with a boozy brunch downtown this afternoon - our men will join us later on.
- Jacket - Kimchi Blue; last seen here (2nd outfit) while being a rock star in Staples
- Top - Ellen Tracy, swap from Caro; last seen here in the same outfit in February
- Gauchos - Jones New York, vintage 80s; first worn here last week with roses and Desmonds
- Shoes - Hispanitas; purchased yesterday for $120.00
- Belt - gift from Ruth
- Death Star ring - Soul Flower
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Earrings - gift from Lise
I hope everyone had an awesome weekend!