My friends, a tragedy has been averted!
- Dress - Tangerine Jill, consignment
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last worn here in June with murple and morange
I've only worn this dress a scant TWICE in the last FOUR years since I bought it here for only $42.00 in December 2011 when I went shopping with one of my readers, Marie. Here's how it's been worn before. Twice.
- December 2012 (here, 2nd outfit): with fuscia tights and black boots
- December 2011 (here) for New Year's Eve - check out the crimped 'fro
But enough dwelling on the past - the future is this dress. It's the Partidge Family bus and Piet Mondrian and stained glass, all rolled up in one.
I found it because I was looking through my dresses for ones I hadn't worn - I'd turned all the hangers in my closet backwards at the start of my spring/summer wardrobe swap, then I turned them back when I wore an item, and this was one of the last unworn dresses. It was with my party dresses - I had physically slotted it there. Mentally too, I guess.
- Belt - thrifted, vintage 80s
- Cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - Joyce's, vintage 80s
Vizzini watched me prepare to leave this morning.
|"No one cares about your dress, woman."|
|"I have no idea what happened to that chapstick."|