L and I have perfected our morning routine: he stays out of my way, as I'm a dragon before I've had a coffee. It's almost a ballet in our single bathroom as I apply my make-up and he brushes his teeth before leaving for work.
- Top - Topsy Turvy USA, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) with my Buffy dress for brunch in October 2019
- Dress - Dolce & Gabbana, vintage 90s, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in December 2019 for brunch out with Simona
- Shoes - Mellow Bossa Nova, Fluevog; first worn here (5th outfit) for brunch in February
- Coat (below) - Zara, gift from Dominique; last seen here in February in the same outfit as these shoes
Now that we are in March, it's time for me to start reviewing my fall/winter wardrobe, and planning re-wears of my favourite things. I "cut" this dress last year, but my girlfriends convinced me to keep it and they were totally right.
It is a little pill-y and the elastic in the "bra straps" is nearly shot, but heck, that's part of the charm. This is no let's-visit-the-90s cheap reproduction; this is the real deal.
Outerwear - I'm done with this coat. It's cool, it's fun, but it's not worth the space in my coat closet (which is crammed). It's also fuzzed out in places from various bags I have carried.
- Leather gloves - Club Monaco, consignment
They are searingly-bright, highlighter orange neon, by the way - I blew up the colour in all of these pictures to try to match the actual neon, but it just doesn't work. In person, it's "put on your sunglasses or they'll sear your retinas!" (which I said to many of my colleagues today).
- Necklace - swap from Vero
- Studded leather wrap - Kipling, thrifted
- Chain/leather wrap - local
- Earrings - thrifted