After the grey day yesterday, today ended up being much more mellow. It helped that I had this golden light in the morning (even if it was from the stairwell lights!).
- Blazer - InWear; first worn here in a Hallowe'en-y outfit in October 2019
- Sweater - Talbots, thrifted; first seen here in November 2019 with dragon scales
- Skirt - Tribal, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in November 2019 for a shopping expedition
- Shoes - Matisse; last seen here in December 2019 for a second-hand shop
- Leather trenchcoat (below) - vintage 70s, thrifted; last worn here a couple of weeks ago
Orange is one of my favourite colours. Well, ALL colours are my favourite, with my least favourite being oatmeal (oatmeal is for eating, not wearing) or beige, which are so darned blah. This particular orange is not as bright as it looks in the stair picture, but more pumpkin-y.
I save a lot of my short skirts for warm weather wear because I always wear tights with them (I have nylons on).
A plain white sleeveless sweater for more brightness overall and to help tie the shoes in. I go through one of these sweaters every couple of years, and always find them thrifted. After two wears, I'm already down to $3.50 per wear!
I only buttoned my jacket to put my coat on over it for my walks to and from work.
Outerwear - I've managed to dodge the rain for a couple of days without getting wet, but I was in it both ways today.
- Fedora - Edward Mann, vintage 60s, thrifted
- Scarf - gift from Mom, Italy
- Earrings - vintage, gift from L
- Necklace - vintage, gift from L
- Ring - Past Times, c. 1995, gift from L
I actually picked these out at Vanity Fair Antique Mall for my Christmas present. I'm very fussy about my jewelry, and L had...not quite gotten it... on a couple of previous years' gifts. So this year, he scouted out 4 or 5 pieces he thought I would like (I didn't - told you I was fussy), and had the lovely lady at the Mall hide the prices from me. While we were waiting for the proprietor to open a case, I spotted these in another case. "I like these! A lot." L knows, when I like something, that's the thing.
Anyway, I do love these, and they were awesome to wear, not too heavy at all - all that openwork keeps them lighter. Here they are on, as they are so swingy that they're blurry in every picture - you can barely see them, but they are a big statement.
|Ignore my glassy stare - I hadn't had my coffee yet!|
Planning my outfit around my special amber jewelry - L bought me every one of these amber pieces, going back 25 years! - was a fun challenge. They deserve to be shown off!