I had a frustrating morning - the outfit I'd planned did not work. This is why I need to try things on when they're new.
- Sweater - Rodier, vintage 50s, vintage fair; purchased here for $20.00
- Skirt - Dries Van Noten, consignment; first worn here in August with red lace
- Shoes - Seychelles; last seen here in March for a weekend thrift expedition
- Coat (below) - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted; last worn here in late October
I'd planned on wearing the new velvet maxi skirt I bought on the weekend with this entire outfit, but it just did not look right. I'll try again with that tomorrow.
The sweater gets its first wearing. I love the colour, which is called "purpura" or "purpureus" (link)- first recorded as a colour name in 1382. That's over 700 years ago!
I liked all the gold bits in this outfit.
Outerwear - this coat lost a button on the way home - boo.
Shall we count the times? Oops, lost track at 15 going back about 3 years, since I sometimes miss my links, but I know I wore it at least 20 times, and paid around $40 for it.
- Scarf - thrifted
- Leather/cashmere gloves - Club Monaco, consignment
- Necklace - thrifted
- Bracelet - Butler Fifth Avenue Collection
- Earrings - thrifted
- Gold/amethyst ring - Frances Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's