Yay! Happy Birthday to me! Another trip around the sun complete.
- Sweater - Divided by H&M, consignment; purchased here for $...oops, I forgot to record it! Not much - it was half price, and I would not have paid over $15.00 for it.
- Turtleneck (underneath) - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in March for a brief outfit
- Skirt - Yves St. Laurent Rive Gauche, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here in January with double velvet
- Shoes - Arnold Churgin, thrifted; last seen here in August with fabulous floral
- Coat (below) - Desigual; last worn here (3rd outfit) in December 2018 for a play at the Belfry with Mom
This sweater is very cool in person (close-up pic of the texture here). It's black with a confetti-like texture of blue, gold and hot pink mylar "hairs" and is VERY sparkly under my office's lights.
I grumped around work a bit in the morning, feeling a bit sorry for myself. I finally gave myself a stern talking-to.
And it's true. Once I told a few people, it got around the office, and my coworkers kept coming up to me and wishing me a happy birthday and giving me (consensual) hugs. It was awesome.
Birthdays aren't always just for me; they're also an opportunity for people in my life to express that I'm important to them.
But I digress. In addition to the awesome skirt I'm wearing (did you note the giant pockets above?), I wore one of my favourite coats, this gorgeous Desigual beauty.
Done up - I have a peacock on me.
I like the boucle (boo-clay!) design on the top of the back.
- Necklace - thrifted - first wearing, purchased here for $10.00
- Earrings - thrifted
- Lapis lazuli ring/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
A few presents from my wonderful colleagues, including a shoe gift certificate from the 3 VPs.