Another long night, working on the newsletter and getting ready for another office move tomorrow night (which I also have to work late for! On a Friday! Jeez!).
Did you know that I am a Mo-Sista? I participate in my office's Movember team - this is my second year in a row. We struggled with getting men to sign up - the problem is that all these young hipsters already have beards and moustaches! So I created a promotion: I got a small budget to buy ties at the thrift store, and I'm renting them (for $2.00 a day) or my coworkers can buy them (for $5.00 each). I had to go buy more ties - I ran out!
Anyway, that's why I have a tie on today. Not just making a fashion statement, but supporting men's health.
- Shirt - Banana Republic, consignment; last seen here with turquoise origami in September
- Vest - Bisou Bisou, consignment; last seen here in May as a casual pirate
- Skirt - Club Monaco; last seen here - holy smokes - in June 2013!
- Shoes - Libby Edelman, last seen here in September with yellow
- Tie - L's, I think I might have bought it on consignment for him.
- Ring - Stone Roses
- Earrings - local
It's going to be a pretty quiet weekend for me - I need it! - aside from brunch and doing a "shopping assist" trip with a coworker. I always volunteer to take people shopping and they rarely take me up on it, so this is a pleasant surprise. Our company Christmas party is in a couple of weeks (yes, of course my outfit is already planned - duh!), so she wants to look spiffy on the cheap. I can do that!