I like the bottom half of the outfit. Not the top half.
- Cotton sweater - Nor, consignment; last seen here in September 2025 in a layering experiment
- Wool thin sweater - Diesel, vintage 90s, consignment; last worn here in March, layered under a floral dress
- Floral tulle skirt - Taba, thrifted; purchased here yesterday for $5.49
- Leather shoes - MJUS, consignment; last seen here in May with a crinkle skirt
I've had this sweater since I bought it for $19.98 in 2018 and I've worn it 9 times since I did a Flashback on it here in January 2021 for a total of 16 outfits. That's pretty good, and I'm happy with that cost-per-wear.
The pinky-red sheer wool top under it is a layering piece and it worked great for the cold AC'd office. I loved the floral tulle skirt and have eyeballed all sorts of stuff in my closet that I can wear with it.
Let's just focus on that positive. I got it half right!
Let's just focus on that positive. I got it half right!
- Silk scarf - Halston, vintage 70s, thrifted
Armour bling:
I did a bunch of mandatory work training today, so was glad of my heavy metal.
No kitty pictures today, sorry!
I did a bunch of mandatory work training today, so was glad of my heavy metal.
- Necklace - Stella & Dot, thrifted
- Crystal hearts bracelet - Juicy Couture, consignment
- Carved faux cinnabar bangle - consignment
- Silver/lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
- Silver/smoky topaz ring - Anneli Neuman, Sweden, vintage mall
- Silver/brass earrings - Mexican, consignment; purchased here on Friday for $32.00
No kitty pictures today, sorry!
beautiful outfit!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Natalie!
DeleteThat tulle skirt is a stunner but I'm hearing you on not being happy with the top half. We can't get it right all the time and sometimes things do not work out like they do in our imagination. Can't wait for the skirt's next styling! xxx
ReplyDeleteI liked that open-work sweater for a long time, Ann, but it's just not ringing my bell. I don't like the style (the colour is great). Next time!
DeleteThat's a happy skirt on you. I'm puzzled that the top doesn't quite cut it, as the sweater picks up the grey in the skirt and the top picks up the deep pink nicely. Maybe it is the type of knit that makes the difference or the dark colour? A lighter grey might work. That's a stunning necklace!
ReplyDeleteYes, the colours work great...but the sweater is not right - it's too unstructured and droopy. It's the knit itself rather than the colour. I'll probably wear more reds, oranges and blues vs. greys with the skirt (grey is not a colour I have a lot of). Thank you!
DeleteWoohoo on the skirt and those crazy pointed toes (yes, I know, your feet don't go all in on the points!) are the PERFECT color to wear with them. Of course, I'm fairly sure you have some other perfect colored shoes but these helped inaugurate the skirt. :-) I like the top and appreciate the lattice-like weave but as other noted, if the top isn't to your liking, then it isn't the right top for this particular outfit. Gotta make you smile otherwise back to the closet it goes. Cheers, Laurie
ReplyDeleteI really liked the blue shoes with the tulle, Laurie, and I did try out red and orange shoes with the skirt as well before settling on these. The sweater is fine, but it feels too droopy - I want more structure.
DeleteLovely sweater and tulle skirt combo. I'm always a fan of pointy shoes. They were really trending when I was a kid in the nineties, and I never stopped loving them.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I've like pointy shoes since I wore them in the 80s!
Delete