Thursday, July 30, 2026

Mom-Day Clash in Leopard and Green

Hello, my friends, and welcome back to Mom-Day! I bussed out to Mom's and we had a leisurely day, making lunch, working on the jigsaw puzzle and just enjoying each other's company.
Mom's been bragging about tossing around the medicine ball at her physiotherapy sessions lately! That's so awesome! Thanks very much for having me over, Mom - I love you! 

I built my outfit around this leopard skirt, which has been sitting with its hanger backwards for four months.
I knew I wanted to style it with a graphic tee, so I went through all of my t-shirts and landed on this one. It was the green that I liked! 

  • The Clash t-shirt - thrifted; not tracked (I sleep in it)
  • Long-sleeved cotton tissue weight sweater - Sonia Rykiel, vintage 90s, thrifted; last worn here in May with a bunch of neutrals
  • Cotton denim skirt - Ganni, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in December 2025 with the same green belt
  • Leather boots - Bandolino, vintage 80s, thrifted, Sidney; last worn here in March for a vintage fair with Rosanna
  • Faux leather jacket (below) - Only, consignment; last worn here in June with Dame Viv and Sir Elton

I then pulled all my green things. 
I was shocked that I hadn't worn these boots since March. 

Whateley chose this exact moment to rub my face. 
Such a sweet boy. 

I didn't carry my jacket at all, but I like this look. 
I wore little shorts under the denim skirt with socks for the boots, but otherwise bare legs. 

Off to catch the bus! 
It was windy but warm - this ended up being just right. Not too warm, not too cold. 

The stuff: 
Mom admired the bag and petted the soft leather. "Ooh!"

  • Leather knapsack - thrifted
  • Belt - Fluevog

Green and silver bling: 
Mom liked seeing "her" necklace (the green glass one), and recalled that her sister got a blue one, bought by them in Vancouver when they accompanied their dad (my grandad) to their grandfather's funeral. She was around 13-14 years old. 

  • Steel cuff - Lakeland Art Metal Works, thrifted
  • Silver/Lucite bracelet - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Vancouver
  • Silver/aventurine ring - consignment
  • Silver/green stone ring - thrifted
  • Silver/malachite ring - consignment
  • Green glass necklace - Mom's, vintage 50s
  • Silver chain earrings - consignment
  • Silver Celtic S pendant - gift from Mom & Dad, c. 1992?

Okay, boys, look after the house while I'm gone, okay? 
"We will!"     "Let's go sleep on the bed."

A quick picture and cuddle with Whateley, who is happier than he looks here. 
He's a bit of a grumpy kitty. 

I bought my own Tupperware and started picking blackberries after I got off the bus near Mom's. 
I only picked a few off each bush. 

A few minutes later, nearly at Mom's
I like it when the trail is nice and dry - it will be muddy again before we know it. 

I added the last of Mom's blueberries to the blackberries I'd accumulated. 
Those were so delicious and sweet. 

I made us grilled cheese with ham, and Mom had some veggies and dip.
I make the best grilled cheese! Those were so yummy, but we were STUFFED after this. 

We worked on the jigsaw puzzle for an hour, then had our dessert: warmed up apple pie with a scoop of salted caramel ice cream and the fresh berries I'd collected. 
I returned Mom's copy of Kate Quinn's "The Briar Club" (I liked it), and traded for the author's "The Huntress."

We're nearly done! I finished the bottom earlier, and then we fussed with the sky for another hour. 
Time for me to go home! Finish that without me! 

On the way to the bus stop, a red-tailed hawk circled above me. 
I'm not a rat, move along. 

Such a beautiful day. 
How lucky I am. 

And now, I'm off for the long weekend - I'll be back on Monday with many tales of adventure!  
Thank you so much for being here! Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila