Here's Friday's outfit - I only wore it for the morning, as I had to get home for the alarm bell installation of our building safety upgrade.
Still, a pretty bold outfit! I loved the pink and teal together.
- Suit jacket/pants - Soaked in Luxury, Dots; last seen here in April in the last outfit of the fall/winter season
- Sleeveless shirt - Denver Hayes, consignment; last worn here in April with my long bomber jacket
- Cropped top - Juicy Couture, thrifted; first seen here in June 2025 with this same shirt
- Sneakers - Converse, consignment; last worn here earlier this month with an oversized pink blazer
I was sweaty by the time I arrived at the office and climbed my many flights of stairs.
Jacket off! I had put this cropped top in the Limbo pile, then fished it back out. I really like it layered with this sleeveless shirt, which is how I wore it originally. Maybe I should try a white shirt next time!
With the teal suit, it's sort of like a vest effect.
Shazam! Someone came in for a visit while I was doing my pictures.
Always watching his brother, who's down the hall.
Always watching his brother, who's down the hall.
The stuff:
Sparkly bling:
The installation was shockingly fast and I suddenly had my entire afternoon free! I popped out briefly to run an errand, and stopped in at Pocket Consignment for a browse. I always find really good jewelry there, and this was no exception.
I love these sequined sneakers - they've been a good purchase!
- Moth brooch - vintage fair
- Bee brooch - consignment
Did you spot the insects on the pocket and the lapel?
The necklace looks spiffy under the collar with the fancy gold tips.
- Eelskin hinged bangle - vintage 80s, thrifted
- Gold-tone and pink stone bracelet - D'Orlans, vintage 70s, vintage mall, gift from L
- Silver/aquamarine Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Gold-tone/turquoise ring - consignment
- Crystal necklace - Sherman, vintage 50s, vintage fair
- Earrings - Martha Sturdy, vintage fair
- Collar clips - vintage 80s, consignment
The installation was shockingly fast and I suddenly had my entire afternoon free! I popped out briefly to run an errand, and stopped in at Pocket Consignment for a browse. I always find really good jewelry there, and this was no exception.
These are about a 1 inch diameter, silver with a brass middle insert. They hang well and have a good shape.
I spotted a Mexico TC-55 925 stamp, which according to a few sites online is for Taxco.
These were $32.00, a good price for sterling silver.
The boys have been very busy napping.
Barnabas claims my robe, while Whateley snuggles up to L's pillow.After a hilarious evening of music and board games, L and I met up with Nick and Zeb for brunch at John's Place.
I wanted to wear my tulle roses skirt again, and liked how it matched the t-shirt. Matchy till I die!
I loved wearing the skirt again - shocker!
I played off the red bits in the skirt - the tee says "Nobody's Baby" and the skull has a rose in its teeth.
I layered this vest over top for all the extra pockets (four!).
This felt very me. I swooshed my tulle all around!
I deployed the Movie Star Wrap for the drive to town.
And then I tied it to my purse while we grocery shopped after brunch.
I love the bright reds - this made my little gothy heart very happy.
I love the bright reds - this made my little gothy heart very happy.
The stuff:
This purse brings back good memories of finding it in Vancouver when I traveled with my Winesday Women.
This purse brings back good memories of finding it in Vancouver when I traveled with my Winesday Women.
- Plastic purse - fake Hermes Expo 1998 souvenir, thrifted, Vancouver
- Silk scarf - Smoking Lily, vintage 90s, thrifted
- Skeleton cat pin - Whatserface, Vancouver
- Ladybug enamel pin - consignment
Gothy bling:
More red bits.
- Silver S bracelet - Mexican, consignment, Sidney
- Carved faux cinnabar bangle - consignment
- Silver snake ring - BC Museum gift shop, 1986
- Silver/obsidian ring - consignment
- Silver/onyx spider ring - gift from Mom & Dad, 1986
- Hammered silver ring - consignment, Sidney
- Loopy silver ring - consignment, Sidney
- Rose earring - Betsey Johnson, swap from Cat
- Silver chain loop - consignment
- Silver Celtic S pendant - gift from Mom & Dad, c. 1995
Nick and Zeb were waiting when we arrived.
Good to see you both.A picture with me was called for.
Very well! Much love to all!
The weather has been lovely, in the low 20s.
The boys are almost always on the deck. They are never far from each other.
So cute!
L and Casey went to Vancouver for the Folk Festival on Sunday (not my speed, hate crowds), so he was off before I was awake. However, I had plans!
It was also my sunblock for our walking outside.

So cute!
L and Casey went to Vancouver for the Folk Festival on Sunday (not my speed, hate crowds), so he was off before I was awake. However, I had plans!
Neighbour Emma and I walked to town, popped into a couple of secondhand shops, had a snack, and then spent a couple of hours at Value Village.
I did not love the dress on its third outing, and so off to Limbo it goes. My cost per wear is $5, which I'm totally fine with.
I loved wearing the blue silk blouse again - such a lovely colour!
It was also my sunblock for our walking outside.
We hopped the bus home - it's fun living in the same building!
The stuff:
I went with a clashing bag, just for fun. - Leather purse - Soruka, thrifted, Powell River
Minimal bling:
I also waffled over this satin cargo skirt.
It was a little short, not quite there. I have other cargo and better olive skirts.
I bought three things at Value Village.
There is no label or content tag on this bag anywhere - I opened every one of these huge zipper pockets.
I don't like a lot when I'm having a serious shop!
- Silver/aquamarine Fulvia Ring/Lapis lazuli ring - both Wendy Brandes
- Porcelain earrings - Winnie Tam, customized by me to look like Vizzini
Me and Emma in front of this crazy giant flower on the way to town.
We shop well together - my goal was to have fun and enjoy the time with each other. We chatted, laughed and waved interesting pieces at each other.
I'm trying to only buy things that really speak to me...
And while I loved this hat, I also need to be practical - I have lots of other hats, and I don't need more than a picture. I also waffled over this satin cargo skirt.
It was a little short, not quite there. I have other cargo and better olive skirts.
There is no label or content tag on this bag anywhere - I opened every one of these huge zipper pockets.
It also has two big zip pockets on the back.
This is a convertible sling-style back and knapsack. Mom has a purse in this same style. It's from the early 00s.
This is a convertible sling-style back and knapsack. Mom has a purse in this same style. It's from the early 00s.
The inside of all 6 outer pockets, the one inner zip pocket and the interior lining is this Burberry plaid.
I'm sure it's not Burberry (the hardware would be much fancier), but maybe fauxberry!
I'm sure it's not Burberry (the hardware would be much fancier), but maybe fauxberry!
I was shocked at the price.
Only $9.99!? And that's entirely because it doesn't have a content tag or label. I found raw edging on the inside and can confirm - it's real leather.
Only $9.99!? And that's entirely because it doesn't have a content tag or label. I found raw edging on the inside and can confirm - it's real leather.
That's a great purse - I can see myself using that!
It holds a bit less than my other backpacks (would hold flat shoes, but not boots).
It holds a bit less than my other backpacks (would hold flat shoes, but not boots).
Yes, I found another tulle skirt!
I don't really do much blue, but I liked the royal blue and grey tones and the red/orange/pink of the flowers. This will actually go with a lot in my closet.
I don't really do much blue, but I liked the royal blue and grey tones and the red/orange/pink of the flowers. This will actually go with a lot in my closet.
...BA. I didn't get much online about this label.
The last thing I found was this cool tie for L.
It's a cool serpentine shape with semicircles of blue and rust-red-brown. The swirls of taupe woven into the silk.
It's a cool serpentine shape with semicircles of blue and rust-red-brown. The swirls of taupe woven into the silk.
It's by Monizini Collection, made in Canada, for $8.99 This is probably from the 90s.
I found a small blurb about Martin Wong here, from the Alumni Hall of Fame for the Boys & Girls Club of America for Napa, California. I also found a blog entry here from 2006 that goes into a bit of his design history. All links 'cause I love!
Barnabas, wake up, I'm home!
Nope, he's ensconced. Thanks so much for being here, my friends - I'm off to enjoy the last of my weekend.












Ooh, what a nice necktie! And 8 bucks?! We have to pay around $200 these days for a nice tie.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing photos of you with friends. They display such joy. I'm happy you're leading such a wonderful social life.