This afternoon, as I sit in front of the computer while L watches TV and does the laundry and my lazy cat lolls in the sun, I look at my life and I'm grateful. Things are good. I'm lucky.
- Cardigan - Conrad C, thrifted; last seen here in February while defeating a Monday
- Dress - Zac Posen for Lord & Taylor, thrifted; purchased here for $15.99
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here for my Punk Princess party outfit
|"Open the door, woman!"|
L and I cross paths briefly in the morning. We almost always have matching or complementary outfits on - we don't plan it, but we both love to wear colour. L was in a lavender shirt with navy pants and purple and lavender tie. Doesn't he look dashing with his cap and his pointy Fluevogs? He dresses like that every day - I'm so proud that he does that. I love seeing men dressed up!
|"Just turn this shiny knob and let me out!"|
- Grommet belt - gift from Ruth
- Leather cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Studded cuff - homegrown vintage 80s
- Earrings - local
The purple leopard in its natural environment:
I have a roving wireless headset that I wear at work now, so that I don't miss the intercom when I'm somewhere else in the office (I move around a lot at work. I was told a couple of times that I looked like someone from "The Jetsons" with my weekend hair, ha!
I had Weekend Hair going because - of course - I was going out on Friday night!
- Dress - as above
- Shoes - Diesel, consignment; last worn here in April with a high-low skirt
I ended up working an hour late on Friday night, so I had to rush to get ready in time. This Urbanite was for Jock Macdonald's exhibit "Evolving Form" (AG link).
|"I love you, don't go!"|
He was also on high alert to bite my fascinator.
I put on the same cardi to walk there, and carried my little round purse.
|"Wait, are those more hats? With feathers?"|
- Belt - BCBG Max Azria, consignment
- Fascinator - Heart's Content
- Ring - Stone Roses
- Cuffs and earrings - as above
I was a little headache-y in the morning, but there's nothing like two cups of coffee and running around in the hot sun for two hours to cure what ails ya.
- Dress - H&M, consignment; last worn here (4th outfit) for Ulty again
- Shoes - Chie Mihara; last seen here in April with lock & key pants
I love the loose cut of this dress. It's minimal effort with maximum results.
|Our bags of Ulty gear: traffic cones to delineate the field, practice discs, cleats, hats, shirts and water|
here), a fascinating look at Raf Simon's first collection as the director of the iconic fashion house. It was amazing to watch how these incredible dresses come to be, through the vision of the designer and the team of sewers - you see how very much the people who physically MAKE the dresses are so much a part of the creative process. Recommended!
The movie features a house where the walls have been covered with real flowers - my dress totally reminded me of it. What a happy coincidence.
After a shower and dinner, L and I finally got to hang out together - it's been ages!
This morning, I was up early - Mom and I had a date!
- Dress - Hale Bob; last seen here back in August 2014 for a trip to the Ulty field (I'm sensing a theme)
- Cami - not tracked
- Cropped jeans - Contrast; last worn here in September 2014 with zigzags
- Clogs - Born, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in April for a stroll to town
I also forget that I own a few pairs of these things they call "pants".
- Earrings - consignment, local
- Ring - late 90s
We were going to 'tangle downtown, but it was Car Free day, so we ended up at Beacon Hill Park.
We sat in the shade of the Gary Oak meadow, with other picnickers and kids playing on the swings.
I'm starting a new fan for my friend Cat - she loves tulips, so I searched for some inspiring images online. I thought this photo of real tulips was proportioned well for a fan.
Mom added shading to her first tile - that's the trickiest part.
When I got home, Vizzini was rolling around in the sun.
|"Rub my tummy!"|
|"Now sit down so I can sleep on you."|
I hope everyone had a great weekend!