Well, this is it, my time off is nearly over. I really needed the full week off work this past week, and although it feels like I missed October altogether (seriously, I feel like I've been in a fugue state), it's time to get into fall!
Even though we were severely jet-lagged coming home - it took all week to shake it off - L and I headed off to the diner for brunch the day after we returned.
- Jacket - Findlay, thrifted; last seen here back in February for a blogger tea
- Sweater cami - Ellen Tracy, thrifted; last seen here in April with sheer neutrals
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in March for another casual weekend
- Shoes - Fly girl, consignment); last worn here (2nd outfit) in March for a weekend with friends
- Scarf - Vera, thrifted
- Earrings - homegrown vintage 90s, LA Express
Lots of layers! It was warm and sunny (hence my lack of socks).
I did find a pair of shoes to spend my birthday gift certificate on:
The spotty parts are pony hair, and the black part is suede.
And of course, the ribbon on the sole.
I also bought a couple of books, and was so happy to find this awesome suede and PVC purse at the Velvet Crease:
I also spotted this sweet little shiny goldy-green brocade skirt.
I enjoyed my days to myself while L went back to work on Monday (poor guy). I ventured out again for some zen thrift shopping.
- Sweater - Expression, consignment; last seen here (way down) under my red plaid dress over the Christmas holidays last year
- Jeans - Ralph Lauren, consignment; last seen here in August on a casual Friday
- Boots - Aldo, consignment; last seen here (2nd/3rd outfits) just before my break
- Belt - gift from Ruth
- Mixed earrings - local
I didn't even need a coat! It's like we brought all the nice weather home with us.
I did find some things on my shopping expedition. Everyone is wearing little short boots with studs/buckles in Italy with everything from dresses to leggings to midi skirts - everything!
Good leather boots are like gold.
With the departure of my bad brown boots, I had a boot gap. I've been wanting a caramel pair.
Why didn't I buy shoes/boots in Italy? I didn't find any that I liked! They were either super-cheap plastic crap, or really overpriced. I knew I could get what I really wanted here at home, and I'd rather give both Footloose (the black boots) and the Cobbler (the caramel boots) my money.
I met up with my girlfriend Janet for drinks one night. I poured on the crazy for her.
- Dress - I'M Isola Marras; purchased here in Florence
- Booties - Ash; new, as above
- Necklace - gift from Mom
- Purple cuff - thrifted
- Studded cuff - homegrown vintage
- Mixed earrings - local
- Rings - homegrown vintage
- Leather coat - Danier Couture, consignment; last seen here for Tie Thursday earlier this month
Janet was suitably impressed with my hair.
One of my minor chores while I was off was to get L's and my costumes put together for Hallowe'en. We're also throwing a Hallowe'en party that night, so I had to make sure I had enough decor for the house. It'll be pretty low-key - I don't want Vizzini to eat everything.
- Jacket - Ralph Lauren, thrifted; purchased here in September
- Skirt - Jones New York, thrifted; last seen here in January
- Boots - Clark's Indigo; new, as above
- Belt - Club Monaco
- Scarf - vintage 60s, Dad's
- Cuff - SkinZnHydez
- Bracelet - fake Gucci, gift from Mom and Dad; vintage 80s
- Rings - various vintage and local
- Earrings - Plum?
I liked the equestrian vibe of this outfit.
|"I want to go too!"|
I popped into one of my favourite downtown thrift stores, Flavour Upstairs.
The brand is Casual Unlimited, which is a silly name.
I blew out the colour on this shirt - it's a very dark green - to show the diamond pattern in the pleating of the front.
The brand is B. Altman & Co., which I've never heard of, but here's a cool article about the original 5th Avenue New York City landmark building. The store itself closed in 1989.
I had to have this circle skirt.
This is an H&M skirt - it was cheap ($5.00 rack), and is cheaply made, but what if I need a really short ruffled skirt?
These just screamed 90s! at me.
I love the multiple straps over the vamp.
I met up with Elaine for drinks on Friday.
- Sweater - August Silk, thrifted; last seen here way back in January
- Skirt - Lui Jo; purchased here in Florence
- Shoes - Poetic Licence; last seen here for Shoe Shine! Are you there? Go there! Post your shoes!
- Coat - Vassali, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in March
- Cuffs - one from St. Paul's Cathedral, two thrifted, one local
- Earrings - local
- Rings - Uffizi Gallery; Wendy Brandes; homegrown vintage snake
I was actually pretty chilly in this outfit - the weather has been pretty mixed all week.
On Saturday, L and I went to our favourite diner...twice!
- Sweater - Smart Set, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in May
- Skirt - no label, thrifted; as above
- Boots - Adrian Agnes, Fluevog; last seen here (2nd outfit) in February
- Cuff - Rimanchik
- Earrings - local
- Rings - Uffizi Gallery; Oscar & Libby's; Wendy Brandes
It's so much skirt!
|That's a lot of skirt|
While L was getting a guitar stand, I quickly popped into the WIN Boutique. I found an awesome dress!
This was slotted in with the non-boutique dresses, for only $8.00
Today, I got up at the crack of 9am and walked to town to get groceries.
- Coat - Smoking Lily; last photographed in January here (but I know I've worn it since)
- Sweatshirt - Silence + Noise, consignment; last seen here in April
- T-shirt - Alice Cooper tour shirt
- Jeans - Ralph Lauren; as above
- Boots - Aldo, consignment; as above
- Earrings - local
And there we have an easy outfit for today, Sunday.
Officer Vizzini has been on patrol. It's been windy and the oak and maple trees around our house are losing their leaves.
|"I see Terry's cat!"|
|"Maple leaf at 12 o'clock!"|
|"That better not be a leaf on my deck!"|
|"I'm lounging here!"|
|"Get out of my face, woman!"|
|"This is doing! I'm posing!"|
And that's it, all caught up! This is going to be a very busy week, so see ya when I see you!
So nice to see how you've been wearing your holiday purchases! :)ReplyDelete
Especially that dress, it's so nice with the leather boots.
Hope your first week back at work goes smoothly for you! :)
How exciting to be wearing all your lovely recent purchases! You have some real treasures there. When will L. be debuting his yellow plaid pants? I also found leather goods very expensive in Italy.ReplyDelete
But the reason I comment is to say I think the further-back (in relation to the horse), more pink coloured head, might be a big sort of shoulder pad? On the one rider. Fabulous skirt, anyway.
This is quite the recap! I love all your new goodies, especially the bag! And I love that last picture of Vizzini!ReplyDelete
Also I don't know if this helps or not but I enabled a feature on my Disqus that allows guest commenters, I didn't have that set before I guess!
Glad you had a nice time away!
Radostin, you're totally right! Thank you!ReplyDelete
is there something left in the shops?? ;-)ReplyDelete
fantastic purchases. love the bullfighter skirt!
and the crazy italian dress looks gorgeous on you!
The secret to great meals is good ingredients. You demonstrate the analogy that the secret to great outfits is good pieces. You select tasty ingredients for your fashion meals.ReplyDelete
Oh so much goodness in one post! I can't choose what I like the most - I like them all. I think you are The Most Fashionable Lady in the whole city of Vancouver and maybe even in the whole British Columbia! That shirt dress from Italy with your crazy hair - wow! The new thrifted print skirt - wow! All your elegant lady-like but very creative in details outfits - wow! Red boots - wow! I am so completely in awe.ReplyDelete
You have been really busy ! I can see that with this post. It's nice to have time for yourself, a little vacation to recharge batteries never hurt anyone.ReplyDelete
Where do I begin …? well, those red/burgundy jeans look spectacular (although i think you already know that)
Your shopping has also been amazing! the lavender dress and the bullfight skirt oh lala ! and of course the Poetic Licence shoes. Maybe I will get lucky and find me a pair as I am in Europe now.
You wore that bull fight skirt beautifully, I have to say that it looks even nicer when worn.
I dig so many of your outfits and new things I don't know where to begin!
At first thought, the new bullfighter skirt and that gorgeous Italian dress jump out screaming! The yellow leather jacket, while not new, is super gorgeous too.
I'm glad you had time off to rest and recover after your amazing trip! Excitement is great, but it's tiring, too.
Every instinct; on the money, every time. Lovely fall looks. Love you in your boots and short, short hair! It's a whole new vibe with old pieces from the wardrobe, isn't it?ReplyDelete
I used to get the Carol Burnette thing too, and never thought it was a compliment. But without the aid of the likes of Bob Mackie, you are right up there, just stylin' away with one of the best strong looks a woman can have. I'm such a fan, and sorry I don't get by as much as possible. Part of it is that there's so many great things to see that I have thoughts on all of it, and so often don't have time to put it all down! But don't stop doing it this way, every, 'cause it's a visual feast and one of the best real-style blogs around!
See you more often ... I promise!