Ah, we made it to Thursday. Except it's my Friday, as I'm taking a couple of days off.
- Jacket - Tian Art, thrifted; last worn here in November 2018 on a discombobulated day
- Turtleneck sweater - M&S Collection, consignment; first seen here in December 2019 with red and denim
- Trousers - Zara, thrifted; first worn here in November 2019 with a vintage shirt
- Shoes - Shoe the Bear, consignment; first worn here in December 2019 when they fooled me
- Leather trenchcoat (below) - vintage 70s, thrifted; last worn here yesterday
Isn't this jacket amazing? I've had it for 7 years and this is its 9th wear. I paid $8.00 for it.
Today I wore it with pink and blue. If this is your first time meeting this jacket, you may be wondering why.
I love all the embroidered details - the thread is variegated pink/blue/white with a sparkle thread trimming the whole thing, and red embroidered shapes over that, and it trims the collar, cuffs and hem (close-up here).
I knew I'd have a really busy day today, just dealing with my regular work-day as well as prepping for being off for two whole days.
Done up. This is my preferred mode of wearing the jacket, but it is a wee bit snug right now and it has no stretch.
these ones), and instead decided to wear my navy blue loafers. And how did those shoes repay me? By killing my foot. The first time I wore them, they were fantastic, but this time, I had severe pain between my toes. I suspect Morton's neuroma (link to the Mayo Clinic here) as I have Morton's toe (my second toe is longer than all the rest) and the cause is often bad shoes.
Sigh, shoes will be the death of me. I have very few regrets in my life, my friends, but wearing ill-fitting cheap shoes that were too high, for too far long (including walking and standing for hours in them) when I was younger is the one thing I would change if I could go back.
I've had several pairs of shoes over the years that hit that one bad spot on my left foot, and they just can't stay.
Outerwear - pink to go with the jacket. I like the clash with the caramel brown.
- Toque - Club Monaco, thrifted
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Leather gloves - consignment
- Silver earrings - Brenda Schoenfeld, 1992, vintage mall
- Lapis lazuli/Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
Signing off and wishing you all a fabulous weekend. May all your shoes be comfy and all your cats be cuddly.
|"Woman, stop hogging my picture."|
I'll be back on Monday with tales of adventure!