It's no secret that I am an introvert. Any event with "fest" in the title is anathema to me - I would always rather stay home, or be with a group of trusted friends, than be in a crowd of people. This Saturday was Canada's 150th birthday - woo! Cause for celebration, but I'll celebrate in my own way: crowd-free, thank you!
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style - get over there and say hi to Patti!
- Top - Le Chateau, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in June 2016 - magazine-worthy!
- Skirt - Astr, thrifted; last worn here in April with pink plaid
- Shoes - Faith Hi Lo Reumah, Fluevog; last worn here in September 2016 with loads of red
- Necklace - Grandma J, vintage 60s
- Jade ring - Mom's, vintage 70s
- Earrings - Stella & Dot, consignment, Vancouver
- Glass bangle - thrifted
Vizzini and I had our usual pre-work cuddles in the morning while I was getting ready.
|"Come back, Woman, I'm not done cuddling with you!"|
|"I could make a bit more room for you on the Gold Chair, I suppose."|
|"I will sit here and wait for you to get home."|
here, 'cause I love, and you can buy your own pair - Fluevog twins!). They were marked down from $399 to $179.99 - saving $120! (but still spending $180, says the voice in my head).
These are the same family as the Effortless Vivian pair here that I wore a couple of weeks ago.
I love the pink metallic leather!
We hung out on Friday night and played multiple board games. We were up bright and early for a game of Ultimate Frisbee. This is what I wore to the field (not to play the game, though!).
- Dress - All Saints, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in August 2016 for an evening of chillin' with my women
- Shoes - Franco Sarto, consignment; last worn here (4th outfit) for the Day of Indolence in June
Covered up with my thrifted hat and sunnies.
- Earrings - local
L and I stayed home for the actual Canada Day festivities being held everywhere on Saturday night, and played Arkham Horror. We could hear the music from downtown, and watched the fireworks from our balcony later. Much hooting and hollering as the carousing crowds walked home later.
As the sun goes down, my rings cast sunspots. I like to mess with Vizzini and make him chase them around. This one hit the front of one of our display cabinets.
|"I've caught it this time, I know it!"|
He climbs around us, going after elastic bands, and anything hanging off the table, occasionally snoozing near us on a pillow and flopping on the cool tiles on the deck.
|"What is that ruckus!?"|
On Sunday, as we do during all long weekends, all of our group of Most Excellent Friends gathered to hang out with a few bevvies and snacks at a local pub. I had to wear my lovely new-to-me boho dress.
- Dress - TopShop Kate Moss Collection, thrifted; purchased here for $32.95
- Shoes - Gap, thrifted; first worn here in June with floral
It was very breezy at the pub, and my dress tried very hard to billow up over the table (and my head!), to everyone's amusement. I wore a pair of little lingerie shorts (they're bright pink!) underneath to forestall any flashes of my underthings.
I didn't wear a hat, but instead used a thrifted burn-out velvet silk scarf as my physical cover-up.
Good cover-up too!
- Scarf - thrifted
- Bronze "strips" cuff - Midzo, vintage fair
- Bronze/leather cuff - Mom's, vintage late 60s
- Earrings - homegrown vintage, 1994, Suzy Shier
- Floral ring - Sarah Coventry, Powell River vintage store
- Feather ring - Fossil, thrifted
- Sunglasses - The Patch
And today, L and I are just hanging out, enjoying the extra day off. Vizzini, how are you doing?
|"Hiding from the world, as I like to do."|