I was going to call this post, "Annie Hall-ish" but then I remembered - I've already done that title, here, way back in 2010. Instead, I went with this title as one of my coworkers commented that I looked very formal.
- Shirt - no label, thrifted; first worn here in June with the eyeball dress
- Vest - Dunn & Co., vintage; last seen here way back in August 2009 - ooh! Flashback!
- Culottes - Jones New York, vintage early 80s, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) in May with a kimono top
- Shoes - Matisse; purchased here for $74.00
The vest was purchased by me in Vancouver when my then-bestie Lynette and I took the ferry over for a day to wander around town. I think we were about 17 (I know I'd graduated from high school, so summer of 1985) - no idea why our moms trusted us to go to the Big City alone, but we were good kids and actually didn't get up to anything untoward. I was broke back then, so wouldn't have had much money. I think this vest was around $10.00 - I also bought a wonderful dressing gown (shown here, 2nd item, and scroll down for a picture of me wearing it in the 80s!) for around the same price. I still have that too! Maybe I'll wear it one of these days.
The proof-that-these-are-culottes-not-a-skirt pose.
Hat for coverage and to add to the menswear vibe.
- Tie - Escada, vintage 80s, thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
- Ring - Soul Flower
Do you have any of your "homegrown vintage" still from when you were young(er)?