Whew! The weekend is officially over, and not to rub your noses in it, but this is what February looks like on Canada's west coast.
On Saturday morning, Land I headed downtown to go for brunch.
- Sweater - August Silk, thrifted; last seen here (5th outfit) in October 2014 with marsala pleats
- Skirt - Dolce & Gabbana, thrifted; last worn here in December 2014 with a telltale heart
- Boots - Prepare Guide, Fluevog; last worn here (way down at the bottom) in January
|Lurker in the bottom of the picture!|
First, we had to do some grabbin'.
|"This is so undignified for an officer."|
The view from my stairs.
This street is lined with Japanese cherry and plum trees.
L and I joined the throngs waiting at Floyd's for brunch.
A sneak shot of the inside.
Gnarled Garry Oaks reach for the sky.
I meandered around the thrift stores after brunch. I had a bit of luck with this lovely peachy sweater.
By Jaeger, made in the UK.
Well! That was exciting! I also found this lovely skirt.
This one is by Un1Deux2Trois3 - it is made in Poland.
I also found this graphic novel, Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill (a current writer I'm grooving on) and Gabriel Rodriguez.
I wandered over to the Velvet Crease again (that's a bad store for me! I find too many good things!), and of course, had good luck.
I am a sucker for a vintage maxi skirt.
Black velvet waistband and all the good colours.
I don't know the name Alex Colman of California, but I'm happy to add another size to my array.
here 'cause I love) pins this to the late 60s/early 70s. How cool! I love knowing when my clothes are from.
I had a gift certificate from the four VPs at work from Christmas that I hadn't spent yet. Look what I found...
On Sunday, I dragged myself out of bed to get groceries, and meet up with Yvonne for an eyebrow wax and a bit of shopping.
- Dress - Love Dress O, Bodybag by Jude; last seen in August 2013 here (4th outfit)
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) for a wee bit of weekend shopping in January
Geared up for another lovely day.
- Belt - Danier Leather, thrifted
- Cuff - Rimanchik
The shopping was good. I found these bronze teardrop studs for $15.00.
I took Yvonne to Flavour Upstairs (I hadn't been there for a while). She found a skirt, a dress and a cashmere cardigan, all for under $55.00.
I didn't find anything for myself, but I did score a couple of cool shirts for L:
And this vintage Arrow shirt:
Then Yvonne told me that She She Shoes had a "last pair" sale on. Well, of course we had to go look! Yvonne found a slate blue pair of Miz Mooz, and I fell in deep, iridescent love...
Ah, but I restrained myself today. I still have a lot of new-to-me items waiting to be worn!
- Sweater - Dalkeith, thrifted; purchased here last weekend for $10.50
- Skirt - Bianca Nygard, thrifted; last seen here in January for our VIP work visit
- Shoes - Fly London; last worn here in December with a sweet vintage dress
I'm linking this outfit up to Patti's "Visible Monday" at Not Dead Yet Style - get yourself over there!
Necklace - Lisner, vintage 60s, Grandma J's
Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Earrings - Graceful Hunter
And how was your weekend? Any blossoms in the forecast? How about spring shoes?
Shoe Shine is coming this Friday!