When I bought these trousers on the weekend, I was drawn to them because of the turquoise element in the plaid.
- Blouse - Scotch & Soda, Maison Scotch, vintage store, Vancouver; last seen here (2nd outfit) in July 2017 in a mermaid outfit
- Trousers - Cartonnier, Anthropologie, thrifted; purchased here for $15.00
- Shoes - Portia, thrifted; last worn here in May with my Princess Jelly-Deer outfit
- Capelet (below) - Floating Gold Iceberg, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in August 2017 for my trip to a sunflower farm
Instead of going all matchy with the pattern colours, as I was holding up the trousers to my blouse section of the closet, I noticed how nicely this blouse played with them.
I actually have a lot of pattern going on - the blouse's sleeves and back are a very pale (and sheer) pink, with tiny stars all over.
I love the top's pattern. Flamingos and carp and lotuses. Very tropical looking.
Although it was cooler today, I did need a wee cover-up in the morning and on the back of my neck on the way home. Enter capelet.
- Cuff - thrifted; first wear!
- Ring - local
- Earrings - furniture store
- Shield ring - Nine West
How daring are you when it comes to pattern mixing? Would you do a mix like this?