As you might have guessed from the title of this entry, it's been a very big long weekend - everyone's birthday happened. And it's Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Canadians!
Let's kick it off with Friday night! Friday was both our friend Greg's and our friend Randall's birthdays - Greg celebrated on Friday night with a house party (including a smoky firepit in the back yard, which make me worry about my 70s polyester going up in flames).
|I also got photobombed a lot this weekend|
- Dress - A Dress Town Original, vintage 70s, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in November 2015 with these same boots
- Boots - Clark's; last worn here in January with sparkly chicken leg tights
- Coat - Samuel Dong, thrifted
|Yes, everyone sees you, L|
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
- Amber ring - late 90s
- Earrings - vintage fair
L and I crashed into bed late, and struggled to get up on time to go get our eyes checked at 9am on Saturday morning. Who planned this!?
- Blouse - Violet + Claire, thrifted; last seen here with purple brocade in September
- Suede dress - Danier Leather, vintage 90s; first worn here in February with leopard
- Booties - Dirty Laundry, thrifted; last seen here (4th outfit) in September with another purple dress
- Trenchcoat - Parkhurst, thrifted
Raincoat? Lies! This coat did not keep me dry at all!
- Studs - local
After a nap to warm up and snooze off the last of the bourbon...time to go party some more!
- Fruital blouse - no label, thrifted; last seen here in April with a gone blue dress
- Jeans - Versace, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here in April with a bit of southwest
- Shoes - Calvin Klein; last seen here in August with my picador skirt
- Coat - Danier Leather
I'll forgive these gen-yoo-wine vintage Versace sparkly jeans trimmed with Versace heads and crystals and gold thread and made in Italy - but only barely. I guess I'll have to drop a pound or two and sit in them less. Go here and scroll down a little to check out the details on them.
I wore a lot of colour in my outerwear. By afternoon, the rain had all stopped and it was sunny. Goofy weather.
|"Are you going out again?"|
|"Photobombers are tacky, aren't they, Woman?"|
- Earring - local
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
L and I hung out on Saturday night and played a game of Arkham Horror, but we were both pretty wiped out from two days of partying. I slept in a little on Sunday, then headed to town to get groceries.
here), and I wanted to wear it for my actual birthday.
- Dress - Plum; last seen here in October 2015 for my birthday!
- Cowl neck cashmere sweater - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; purchased here for $6.00
- Boots - BCBG; last seen here on a March long weekend
- Jacket - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in June
But I'm excited for being able to wear sunglasses with contacts for Ulti, to go to parties and have the option of being able to show off some funky eye make-up, and to do costumes without having to factor in my glasses. I wore contacts for over 20 years (I got them when I was about 14), and then abandoned them because I'm super-lazy about caring for them. It's been about 15 years since I've even had this option, so although my vision's not perfect, it's still pretty exciting to me!
It was a sunny day, so I strolled over to the WIN Boutique on my way to town.
- Belt - Shi Studio
- Buckle - Shi Studio, thrifted
- Earrings - Aldo Accessories
L spoiled me with presents! Happy birthday to me!
Vizzini was very cranky with us on Sunday when I got home.
|"I am a seething ball of fury!"|
|"Ah! I'm biting this platform and pretending it's you!"|
I found a few things at the thrift store, including another white top. I got rid of a couple in the closet swap-out.
I spotted this purse the second I walked in the store, and stashed it in my basket right away!
The back is pink sequins.
this hat and this purse). This is a nice UK brand, more upscale than Claire's - $5.50 is an excellent price for this!
I also really liked this bracelet.
It's by J. Crew.
On Sunday night, L and I walked to the local pub for my birthday dinner. It was just the two of us, nice and quiet, just what I needed during a busy weekend.
- Dress - London Times; last worn here (2nd outfit) in April 2013 - go *heart-balls*!
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last seen here (2nd outfit) last weekend for a quiet brunch and thrift expedition
- Yeti jacket - Kimchi Blue; last worn here (2nd outfit) in March over a long vintage dress
here, same earrings, ha ha!) for my 42nd birthday. And now here we are at 49. I don't feel any different, really.
|"Did you say I get 49 kitty treats??"|
It was a little chilly out in the early evening, so I had to break out the Yeti Coat!
|"Hey, Man, the Woman has promised me a bunch of kitty treats."|
- Cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Earrings - Le Chateau (at least 8 years old)
- Spider ring - gift from Mom & Dad, around 1986
- Snake ring - BC Museum gift shop, around 1985
After dinner, we came home and did my most favourite thing in the whole world: we played games, drank wine and hung out. It was awesome. Best birthday ever!
Today/Monday, we slept in a bit, then took the bus out to Mom's. She had all of the fam out to her place for brunch (aka turkey dinner).
- T-shirt - The Mountain, thrifted; purchased here for $5.00
- Long-sleeved tee - Plum, many years ago, not tracked
- Suede skirt - J. Crew, thrifted; first worn here in August with a funky flame-on jacket
- Booties - Aldo, thrifted; purchased here last weekend for $27.95
- Coat - Danier Leather
- a graphic tee
- a miniskirt
- a leather mini-skirt
- a sh*t-ton of colours
- purple lipstick (I'm wearing dark, dark lipstick in the first outfit, nyah nyah)
Not to mention, I have purple hair. This is part of my mission going into my 50th year as well: DEFY. I defy the silly "rules" and will wear what I want!
Happy birthday to my niece Hannah, who is now 14! Holy smokes, where did the time go? I'm not sure if she was embarrassed or not by her crazy Auntie Sheila. Purple hair, weird cat t-shirt, a lot of colours...?
- Cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Studded cuff - vintage 80s
- Earrings - Frances Jewelers, gift from L
Mom gave me a gift card to the local mall - look out MAC store, here I come!
Vizzini, what did you get me for my birthday?
|"A hairball on your pillow."|
Linking up to: