I need another weekend to recover from this past one! Where did the time go? Well, this was Friday...
- Dress - Armani Exchange, thrifted; purchased here for $19.99
- Skirt - Noa Noa; last worn here in May 2015 with light blue
- Shoes - Eject; last seen here in April with plaid and beading
- Ring - thrifted
- Earrings - local
L and I chilled out together on Friday night, then I was up early to help a friend get ready for the Alt-Pride Fest (link here 'cause I love). We both glammed ourselves up!
- Top - no label, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) for my Madonna/Cyndi Lauper rock star look for L's birthday in June 2015
- Skirt - vintage square dance crinoline, thrifted; last seen here in the same outfit as above
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here for concert-going with purple leopard in June
I twirled and swirled my skirt around.
- Fascinator - sex shop
- Grommet belt - gift from Ruth
- Turquoise leather belt - vintage 80s, thrifted
- Choker - consignment
- Earrings - vintage fair
- Ring - Soul Flower
After all that excitement, I had to nap for a while in the afternoon with Vizzini. Then up and get ready for Winesday!
this guy - image link).
- Jacket - Paparazzi, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in January with a bowtie
- Top - Cable & Gauge, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in March with these same pants
- Pants - Banana Republic, thrifted; last seen here in June with some wacky sleeves
- Shoes - Aldo, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) with a tropical skirt
Ready to go! Call the cab!
- Earrings - thrifted
- Scarf - Oscar de la Renta, thrifted
After a delicious sleep-in, today I headed to town to get groceries.
- Top - Two Women and a Trunk, thrifted; first worn here for our trip to Sidney in June
- Skirt - Smoking Lily, thrifted; last seen here for my adventures at the 40+ Blogger Meet-Up in Vancouver last July
- Shoes - Franco Sarto, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) last weekend with a crazy Hawaiian dress
Here's a little goodbye retrospective of this fabulous gingham cotton, handmade (in Victoria) skirt.
- June 2011, first worn with black and magenta, where I thrifted it for $9.00
- July 2012, worn 3 times in the 30-for-30 capsule that month
- June 2013, (5th outfit) with purple and yellow
- September 2013, with pink and white
- May 2015, with black and pink
- June 2014, with black and green bits (2nd outfit)
- April 2015, with blue and orange accents
- July 2015, worn two ways for Vancouver escapades
Including today, that's 11 wears over 5 years, so that's 82 cents per wear. I'm good with sending it off to a new home.
- Earrings - local
I shopped at WIN (Women in Need)'s Warehouse store, and had good luck on accessories, including this fabulously outrageous belt.
Check out the detail on the tongue.
Could it be...Fendi?
I also found this marvelous 70s-era gold metal disco belt.
Although I'm not a bag person, I can never resist a cute bag.
With big silver balls on the clasp and a hinged frame? Silver satin lining? Yup.
I fell for the lilac leather of this large flat clutch.
Surprise! It's vintage and it's real leather. I have a pink leather obi by Liberty Belle as well.
The only piece of clothing that I bought - and I tried on a TON of stuff - was this satin brocade cheongsam dress.
A better look at the colour and the silvery-grey satin trim on it.
Ignore my tired face - here it is on.
Yowza! I might be wearing this for my company Christmas party this year! Would you believe it was only $12.95?
Well, Vizzini, time for me to make dinner. What do you think of all these shenanigans this weekend?
|"I don't care about your stupid life unless it involves me."|