Aw, is the weekend nearly over already? Where on earth does the time go?
- Cardigan - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here in January with pink pins
- Shirt - Dept, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) while cowgirling on the town in January
- Skirt - Edging, thrifted; last seen here in November 2015 for a Saturday brunch
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in January to see Corb Lund
In general, I'm still not satisfied with my capsule items. I'm feeling drawn to black and white, strong graphic patterns and NOT towards autumnal colours at all (I think it's my hair). I'm wanting clean lines, interesting shapes and classic textures.
|"Ho hum, another boring post that's not about me."|
- Earrings - street fair
I got my hair cut after work on Friday. Here we are:
Saturday morning, L and I were both up early, so down to Floyd's to try their new menu!
- Sweater - Vero Moda, thrifted; last worn here in November 2015 with black leather for lunch
- Skirt - Theo Miles, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) for the November 2015 Winesday
- Trout shoes - Miista; last seen here in January with a pearl tie
|"Lick lick, my leg feels like me."|
|"That litterbox isn't going to fill itself."|
Vizzini was sitting funny.
|"What? I sit like a boss!"|
- Necklace - The Bay, about 10 years ago
- Earrings - local
Oh, and shop I did, my friends. I went to the St. Vincent de Paul first.
this sequinned cardigan from the same collection, which I recently let go - the sequins were causing the arms to pill really badly.
One can never have enough little white tops, so I also picked up this nice little lacey top.
Ever on alert for fun belts, I scored this sweet pink leather obi for $3.00.
The brand is Liberty Belle.
I then strolled over to the Women in Need (WIN) Warehouse store and spent a happy zen-like couple of hours going through all the racks. I always start with the jewelry cases.
I always check the vintage lingerie.
I spotted a Smoking Lily obi lurking in the belt section.
This one has compasses on it. I have enough of these, but I can't resist a good deal, so I'll probably give it to one of my friends. It was $6.95 - these typically run about $40-50 each, so I just couldn't leave it behind!
I felt hard for this awesome patterned shirt. Ginkgo leaves!
here) and I'm completely in love with Lilac Grey.
I'm insanely excited about these.
Sorry this is blurry. I have also been in a major pants mood lately. I haven't own this many pairs of pants in years.
Since my revelation the other day that I didn't have enough short skirts, I was on the lookout for some. This one came with a matching jacket.
The skirt, though, is a smashing shade of Fiesta (thanks again, Gracey!), a bright fiery orange-red. Note that it's a thick, nubby boucle (pronounced "boo-clay") texture.
The brand is Oui Set, and it's made in Germany, and was $16.96. I left my thumb in that picture so you could note the Mark of Quality: the fabric loop that buttons over the top of the zipper to prevent the zipper from scooting down while you're wearing the dress. Classy!
This long flowy maxi was in the Vintage section.
|"Hmmm...what's under here?"|
Remember that Lilac Grey? You know I had to have this skirt.
I saw these shoes last time I was in, and I was just saying that I go through pointy-toed black kitten-heeled shoes like crazy!
I had a quick nap and then Mom came over - we walked down to the Belfry Theatre to see their current production of "The Valley" (about the play here, a local review here - as always, linking 'cause I love, and I went to high school with Alisa way back when).
I quickly changed into something suitably wacky and theatrical:
Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style. Go say hi to Patti!
- Top - Hommage, consignment; last worn here earlier this month with a scuba skirt
- Skirt - Jacob, thrifted; first worn here in December 2015 with leopard and leather
- Boots - Mini Babycakes, Fluevog; last seen here (4th outfit, way down) with some browns and blacks in December 2015
I'm kind of iffy on the skirt. This might be the last wear for it. I love the colour, but the style I'm a little "meh" on.
- Cuff - Jezebel Charms, gift from L
- Earrings - consignment
- Amber glass ring - some junk store in the late 90s
- Ring - Frances Jewellers, Dad's, mid-60s
L and I just hung out last night, playing board games. Good times! Today, we were up early to get groceries (delivered later), then headed out to the Cedar Hill Rec Centre to see my mom's one-person show in the Gallery Cafe.
- Blouse - Banana Republic, thrifted; last seen here in December 2015 with tweed
- Skirt - Dolce & Gabanna, thrifted; last worn here in October 2015 with some leather and other greys
- Boots - Prepare Guide, Fluevog; last seen here last week with the stained glass dress
Outerwear, because why not go full badass?
A handy belt that keeps making the cut.
- Belt - Nygard
- Necklace - Grandma J's, Anne Klein, vintage 80s
- Earrings - Dior
- Ring - same as above
I took a bunch of pictures of Mom's exhibit, so y'all will have to just indulge me - proud daughter, here!
Mom's pictures are often done from photos, but more often, she goes out and paints "en plein air" (in the open air) right there on the spot. I've done this with her a few times: here in September 2012, here in July 2013 and here in August 2014, plus we Zentangled in the park here last June 2015.
This one is the Fisgard Lighthouse.
This one is my current favourite.
L took a couple of us.
So proud of you, Mom!
After our visit, L and I went out for lunch, and then I spent my birthday gift card from the mall on a new cross-body purse from Danier.
Vizzini missed us today.
|"Where have you been? Let me out on the deck! It's sunny out, woman!"|
He was unhappy.
|"This is your leg!"|
Well, that was my busy weekend! How was yours?