Hello, my friends! The end of last week was a hectic whirl of Book Club and then Friday and then Winesday, so lots of catching up to do.
Without further ado, we have some craziness for Thursday.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style - go, run, now!
- Coat - thrifted, Aldo; last seen here in December 2014 with a denim maxi skirt
- Lace shirt - vintage fair; last worn here (6th outfit) in October in a major Victorian outfit
- Dress - Danier Leather, vintage, late 90s, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in March for a house party
- Shoes - Almafi by Rangoni for Ingledews, vintage 80s; thrifted here for $14.95
|"I like your leg."|
|"You're boring me."|
- Earrings - Dior, consignment
- Necklace - consignment
I went straight to Book Club from my WW meeting, ate yummy food, drank yummy wine and tottered home late. To bed!
I wore my hair product-less (colouring it that night) and did everyone's favourite thing at work.
- Blouse - Guess, consignment; purchased here last weekend for $9.50
- Skirt - Nicole Miller, vintage 80s; last seen here in August with a furry shirt
- Shoes - Camper; last worn here in June with more magenta matchy
- Bracelet - Ellandemm, thrifted
- Stacking rings - thrifted
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Death Star ring - Soul Flower
- Earrings - gift from Lise
I dyed my hair after work, then chilled with L and Vizzini, playing boardgames. My favourite thing in the world to do.
|"Who dares disturb my slumber?"|
- Jacket - Live a Little, consignment; purchased here last weekend for $20.95
- Sweater - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here in February
- Skirt - Theo Miles, thrifted; first seen here in September for Casual Friday
- Booties - Bad Laundry, thrifted; first worn here last Friday with all the textures
Bundled up for the chill.
- Earrings - Glee
At Winesday, I gave Karen her fan, which I finished on Saturday afternoon. Here it is all finished.
I sat near the deck doors and worked on the fan for about 3 hours. It was lovely natural light.
|"It would be better on the deck."|
Today, I strolled to town for groceries, and quickly popped into the Patch. I scored on this amazing handmade silk "secretary" blouse.
This entire blouse does up with tiny snap fasteners! All down the front, and on the sleeves.
Anyway, that was my weekend - long and full of good things. And I hope yours was too!
Speaking of good things, here are the progress pictures for Karen's fan. Scroll on if you dare!
I started with a blank paper and bamboo fan (less than $2.00 at the Chinatown Trading Company). I'd asked Karen what she wanted on her fan, and she sent me some of Rainier Maria Rilke's poetry that she loved.
And taking pictures.
I sketched out where I wanted everything to go and started inking.
I used the same feather forms on the right as the left raven. The central raven was done then too.
I made him a bit darker and played with different patterns to separate his wing, head and belly.
On this session, I thickened up the lettering and started working on the individual frames on the film strip.
I did each frame differently, playing with shapes and different Zentangles.
|"I would like to bite that."|
Here's the finished fan.
It was a present from Mom.