Thank you all for your good vibes on our poor downed tree(s) yesterday.
- Blouse - Planet, consignment; last worn here in October 2014 with purple velvet
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; purchased here for $10.00
- Boots - Indigo by Clarks; last seen here at the same time as I bought the skirt
I took a quick picture of the stump of the tree this morning (forgive my blurriness).
|Too many tiny rings to count!|
I discovered that our tree was probably close to 200 years old, and was nearly 60 feet tall! Wow, I'm in awe, especially since the soil in this area is very shallow - the root system of this tree only goes down about 3 feet.
A last look at our oak. I doubt we will plant another tree there (not with 4 more still extant).
Well, moving on. Check out my 70s vibe, yo.
- Belt - vintage 60s, Mom's
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
- Ring - c. 1998ish
The wind and rain are done for today, but it never really stops for good here. No more trees falling!