It's been hugely stormy and windy here today - sorry for the blur, but rain was blowing in at me while I was trying to hold my "stair plank" pose!
- Jacket - Talbots, thrifted; first worn here in February with the barn skirt
- Lurex top - no label, thrifted; purchased here for $5.95
- Skirt - Club Monaco; last seen here in June during a heat wave
- Shoes - Diba, thrifted; purchased here for $8.50
These shoes were shockingly comfortable all day! No snags, no rubs, nothin'! I'm pleased. I didn't think they would be keepers.
- Mink brooch - thrifted
- Faux Gucci bracelet - gift from Mom & Dad, c. 1987?
- Earrings - local
- Ring - consignment
Sad news today...
So sad. I hate to see any tree get cut down, but these are 50 feet tall, and easily older than any buildings on our street. Garry oak trees are native to this area (about them here). These are probably 60 years old or more. I'll have to count the rings in the trunk tomorrow before they take it away.
Goodbye, lovely oaks.