We made it! Weekend! There are probably things I should have done this weekend (grocery shopping, going to my niece's soccer game, Christmas shopping).
I'm tired. Not of blogging! No worries there - this (*waves vaguely*) is my main creative outlet. Putting outfits together with mindfulness of what I'm doing; looking at the colours and textures, wearing the clothes, seeing how people react to them and me. It's a big social experiment, and I am the mad scientist!
I enjoy the writing aspect, although I've streamlined the "when I last wore it" portion of our program (it's faster for me to look things and do the links all in one go). Sometimes I'm more verbose than other times. As with most of you, I only talk about the surface of my life on my blog. This is no more 100% the real me than the idea you might have about the life of that slightly odd, fashionable lady walking down the street. It's a good facsimile of me, though, at least of my public persona.
My job requires me to be "up" and "on" constantly. I'm very good at turning it on and off, but it's emotionally exhausting (seeing as I'm not an extrovert by nature), and I require a lot of downtime to get my mojo going again. My work has been dominating my life over the past few weeks, since I got back from vacation, but things are easing up...for now. The clothes help me put on a bright and cheery face. "Fake it till you feel it" is one of my mantras.
But enough rambling! The clothes, woman!
- Top - Jeanne Bekker, consignment; purchased here last weekend
- Skirt - Nygard, consignment; last seen here back in February with lemon
- Boots - Miz Mooz; last seen here in February for a blogger tea-time meet-up
My current favourite autumn coat:
- Cuff - Midzo, vintage fair
- Necklace - Nygard, consignment
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
- Pinky ring - P. Sarpaneva, vintage 70s
- Quartz ring - Uffizzi Gallery gift shop, Florence
I probably should have gone to bed earlier on Friday night, but L and I were having so much fun playing games, that we stayed up till the wee hours. As a result, I slept in on Saturday.
This is my link-up to Patti's "Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style! Go! Go!
Shade my eyes?
- Dress - I'M Isola Marras; last seen here last month in its inaugural wear
- Boots - Ash; last seen here last weekend, with orange
I didn't think I'd be wearing this dress in the fall/winter too much, but it lends itself well as a light daytime piece, as long as I wear appropriate layers underneath.
I wore this for brunch, watching a movie at home and for going to Winesday with the girls.
Same coat, and my burgundy fingerless gloves.
- Purple cuff - thrifted
- Stud cuff - homegrown vintage 80s
- Necklace - gift from Mom, Venice
- Ring - as above
- Ear cuff/chain - Claire's
- Turquoise stud - local
- Snake ring - homegrown vintage, 1985
And you? Are you in energy mode or recharge mode? I know that US Thanksgiving is around the corner (I'm taking those days off next week). As we head into holiday season, do you do it with excitement or dread, or a bit of both? I'm a bit of both, to be honest.