L and I met up with Randall for brunch on Saturday morning (Yvonne was busy, and Nick is in Nova Scotia visiting his folks) at the Ruby, per our usual. We're regulars there - the staff all know us now.
Sneaking in a wearing of this Italian designer dress...worn for the first time not as a dress!
- Dress - I'M Isola Marras, Spring/Summer 2013, Florence, Italy; last worn and Flashbacked here in September 2020
- Sweater - Eileen Fisher, thrifted; last seen here in May with a vintage green skirt
- Trousers - H&M, consignment, Vancouver; last worn here in June for tea with Mom
- Boots - Coffee Kope Tiam, Fluevog; last seen here in August with my homemade kimono
It went down the runway with a pair of long shorts under it and cowboy boots - it fully unbuttons down the front, but I've always worn it done up.
I layered a tank-style sweater under it and left the dress open down the front, aside from the single button at the neck - I really liked how this looked.
The dress billowed out behind me as I walked up to Dots after brunch, the sun on my face.
Masked up for every indoor public space.
- Mask - by Mom
- Belt - Shi Studio
- Lion head buckle - from a Zara belt, thrifted
- Brass/pearl/turquoise cuff - Myka, consignment
- Turquoise ring - Karen's
- Coral/olivine ring - vintage 70s, Hawaii, Mom's
- Silver/aventurine ring - consignment
- Bangles - thrifted
- Earrings - consignment
My Dots shopping tends to be either basics or wacky stuff. I bought my current white shirt there and often pick up plain camisoles or tights when they have them. This would be a basic (in case you weren't sure!).
The brand is Basic By Yest and was $29.99.
On Saturday night, L and I went to Cat and Ross' place to hang out and play boardgames.
- Denim vest - Only, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in July with ORANGE LEATHER SHORTS
- Dress - InWear; first seen here (2nd outfit) in April for Book Club
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, thrifted; first worn here (2nd outfit) in July with this denim vest (same outfit as above)
- The Loomed Lady coat (below) - vintage, thrifted; last seen here in April
I decided to get another wearing in of this comfy striped dress (another Dots purchase - this falls into the wacky category). It's a thick t-shirt-ish material, very comfy for extended sitting. I love the stripes.
"Hey, wait a second...are you going out?"
The vest didn't end up getting worn, as it was quite warm at Cat/Ross' place.
I wore it walking to and from their house, though, under my coat.
"I should really get my kitty treats now..."
Without the vest.
You can never tell with the weather this time of year!
Outerwear - the Return of the Loomed Lady coat! I know this is a reader favourite.
"You'll feel my wrath if you leave!"
True - Vizzini yowled in fury when we got home at 2am. We had to give him his treats just so he would let us go to sleep.
- Scarf - thrifted
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Brooch - Eaton's, c. 1999
- Shield ring - Nine West
- Silver/onyx ring - Toccara, vintage fair
- Earrings - Winnie Tam
Sending you all sunny skies! Here's to the last week of summer.