Woo, I need another weekend! That was a busy one. This is going to be a large post, so let's dig in.
Here's Thursday, a medley of purple and burgundies, with touches of green.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Get going, go, go!
- Cardigan - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here on Christmas Day 2016 with sequins
- Blouse - Ralph Lauren, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) under a velvet dress in December 2016
- Skirt - Beloved, thrifted; last seen here in November 2016 in a purple mint sandwich
- Boots - Baroque Velasquez, Fluevog; last worn here (2nd outfit) in the same outfit with this blouse
- Grape Ape coat (below) - Forever 21, thrifted
Unfortunately, I was tugging at my cuffs all day, and ended up shredding the blouse, thereby ruining it. Ah, well - I paid $14.50 for it and wore it four times, so that's less than $4.00 per wear. There are more ruffled blouses out in the world and I will find them!
It's been a frazzly kind of week, and I forgot to take my outerwear picture before I put my Docs on. Running late, no time.
Walked to work, then to WW after. I actually didn't wear my fancy good boots to Book Club - it was raining, so I changed into my Sperry slip-ons and walked there and back (I get a ride home from WW).
Green and bronze bling:
- Necklace - Plum, c. 2006
- Earrings - Plum, gift from L, c. 2008
- Jade ring - Mom's, vintage 70s
Book Club was a hoot, as always. It was my pick - I presented "Black Coffee Blues" by Henry Rollins. He made a big impression on me, so I ordered them directly from his site. I'm excited to read this book, as were the other ladies.
After much food, and probably too much wine, Friday needed to be slower and quieter. Not meant to be. Sigh.
- Duster - Design Lab; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September 2016, also a post-Book Club Friday
- Sleeveless sweater - August Silk, last seen here in February with corporate purple leather
- Suede skirt - Sandra Anglozzi, thrifted; first worn here in October 2016 with fuzzy leopard
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in February with silk plaid
- Coat (below) - Vassali, consignment
My duster is also pretty awesome. I had a printer issue to deal with at the other office right at the end of the day, and stepped on the hem, ripping out a few of the fringy bits. Not noticeable, but still frustrating.
|"I will eat this furry thing if you don't feed me NOW, Woman."|
- Leather cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Studded cuff - homegrown vintage, 80s
- Earrings - local
- Spider ring - gift from Mom and Dad, c. 1986
- Snake ring - BC Museum gift shop, c. 1986
- Necklace - Robert Larin, vintage 70s, gift from L
I was up bright and early on Saturday morning to get ready to meet up with Elaine and Cat for the Fernwood Vintage Fair. We went last year too - check it out here (I took pictures of the Fern"hood"). It was not as warm this year, nor were there any blossoms on the trees or daffodils blooming. Spring is not quite here.
I decided to wear this fun dress.
- Dress - Tatyana (from Nashville); first worn here in October 2015
- Shoes - Sencha Teapot, Fluevog; last seen here just a couple of weeks ago in February with velvet YSL
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather
Red and sliver bling:
- Belt - Plum, c. 2007
- Ring - thrifted
- Earrings - Tania Gleave
Here's what I found at the Vintage Fair.
these)! I love completing the magic three of jewelry. I found these at Zenkat Vintage - always one of the best stalls. They were $4.00.
These earrings were also from Zenkat, marked for a dollar.
I found this cool ring at another booth for $5.00
I spotted a fabulous bracelet at the same table and recognized the brand (Myka, I have this set here). It wasn't quite my style, so I pointed it out to Cat.
|Image source here, Myka's site, linking 'cause I love|
I liked these very sparkly pink stud earrings.
I am always on the lookout for leather cuffs.
I have a necklace that will work perfectly with these earrings, here.
In general, the Vintage Fair was pretty good. My major beef is with vendors who don't put prices on anything. I'm not even going to bother with your racks of clothes or tables of stuff if you can't be bothered to price them!
We went for brunch at the pub afterwards, and did a little show-and-tell of what we'd bought, and then we wandered over to the WIN Boutique store for a browse. Elaine headed home, and Cat and I found a few things.
This dress is such a beautiful colour. It's cut to hang sort of like a flapper dress, long and lean and flowy.
|"Colour me not impressed."|
link) and is made from cupro chiffon and after a poke around online, looks like they sell for about $70 US. Awesome!
I have been having a pouffy skirt moment for...longer than a moment! It was no contest with this skirt.
It's by Studio J Canada, and was $15.95.
Ha, this is my second dress now with metal content!
After a nice long afternoon nap, I caught the bus to Winesday. There was much wine, food, guffawing and good times. I didn't actually take any pictures of my outfit (I was running super-late), but I wore the exact same thing today to walk to town with L, get groceries, have lunch, and then go see "Logan" at the theatre.
- Sweater - Satellite Drive, thrifted; I don't track this anymore - it's "wear around the house" stuff - but I last officially (ha) wore it here in November 2016 for another grocery outing
- Jeans - Mark. by Avon, thrifted; last seen here (second outfit) over the 2016 Christmas break
- Boots - Matisse, consignment; last worn here in February with my fluffy chicken top
- Coat (below) - Hilary Radley, thrifted
A snuggly coat for warmth. Coffee so that I'm civilized and allowed in public, hee hee.
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!