Hello, my friends! Vacation is nearly over, and I can't say I'm excited to go back to work, but eh, it pays the bills and supports my real life, am I right?
Despite being sick (gah) and my ear still blocked up, I've managed the very important job of doing Not Much Of Anything on my time off, aside from hanging out with assorted fun people, shopping and taking many naps. Ah...naps.
Here we are at last Wednesday. I met up with Mom for brunch out and a wee shop in Oak Bay.
- Top - Jeanne Bekker, consignment; last seen here (4th outfit) back in March for a Grand Limo Adventure with my Winesday women
- Skirt - Gunex, thrifted; last worn here in August with modness
- Shoes - Down-to-Earth Hadfield, Fluevog; last seen here earlier this month with yellow and a chunky sweater
- Scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - local
I got a gift certificate from my Winesday gals for my birthday, so I had to spend it right away. It'd be rude not to, right?
I also stocked up on some hosiery.
I dragged Mom to a twee consignment store that I don't visit very often (expensive) - she found two gorgeous blouses for less than half what they would cost new.
I found these Dior double-pearl earrings for $28.00.
The store had some shoes marked down from summer still:
They're by Franco Sarto.
I hemmed and hawed over this red dress.
And never worn! Tags still on.
I like the textured fabric.
A mark of good quality:
The belt was very shoddy.
On Wednesday, L and I were waiting for our cleaner to show up, but we'd missed a message that she needed to switch days. I was all dressed to go out for dinner anyway, so we headed down to the pub after sorting out the new cleaning time.
- Sweater - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last seen here in September with classic black
- Skirt - MNG, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) in March with plain black
- Boots - Marc; last seen here a couple of weeks ago with D&G and black leather
Outerwear? Outer-there! (that joke never gets old).
- Earrings - Glee
I don't make much effort on accessories when I'm on vacation. Heh.
L returned to work on Thursday, so I had two lovely "me" days where I slept in and then did whatever the heck I wanted.
- Blouse - no label, thrifted; last seen here in August with the bark skirt
- Dress - The Limited, thrifted; last worn here in January for Team Spirit day for our stair challenge
- Boots - Ash; last worn here (3rd outfit) in September for grocery shopping
Mr. Vizzini was being cuddly - very rare for him.
|"If you stay home, I won't eat your shoes."|
- Scarf - thrifted
- Necklace - thrifted
- Earrings - local
I found this awesome bow-front silk blouse at the WIN Warehouse store.
However, at only $6.95, how can I resist?
|I like that it's sized, vs. a medium.|
Elaine and I went to Flavour Upstairs, one of my favourite places for vintage clothes. I found an amazing faux fur ocelot coat...that I put back. Do I really need another faux fur coat?
|"I am all the fur you need, woman."|
On Friday, it was sunny, so I made myself leave the house and get a walk in.
- Sweater - Talbots, thrifted; last seen here in August for my pre/post-Ulty outfit
- Pants - Zara, consignment; last worn here in July for the amazing 40+ Blogger Meet-up
- Shoes - Two Lips, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in January for a casual weekend look
- Earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
I browsed through a few other stores. Didn't see much that I had to have, but I did find a replacement pair of runners for walking to and from work.
Vizzini has been very cranky this week (when he's not being lovey).
|"I'm pretending this is your shin."|
|"This is outrageous! I need to patrol!"|
On Saturday morning, L and I went out for our usual brunch.
- Jacket - Dex, thrifted; last worn here in October with leopard and granny shoes
- Top - Ellen Tracy, swap; last seen here layered in March
- Skirt - Jones New York, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here in March with a purple jerkin
- Shoes - Cydwoq; last seen here in March with my given-away purple brocade
|L is coordinated in his purple plaid - it's like we planned it!|
- Necklace/earrings - Myka, gift from L
So...that faux fur ocelot coat? I told L about it...I couldn't stop thinking about it! We walked back to Flavour Upstairs after lunch and he bought it for me. Whatta guy!
these green ones and these red ones.
Check out the lining!
Seriously, how did I pass this up the first time - it was only $34.99!
As a bonus, the original tags and a spare button were in the pocket. I don't think it was ever worn! These coats sell for about $300 new, so I think this was a good score!
On Saturday afternoon, Elaine and I went to the Belfry Theatre to see their production of "Chelsea Hotel - The Songs of Leonard Cohen" (link, 'cause I love). I had these tickets as part of my season tickets; Mom doesn't like Leonard Cohen, so I asked Elaine to go. It was a great show - the artists were incredible at singing, dancing and playing a multitude of instruments. I found it a little too literal in interpreting some of the poetry/lyrics, but otherwise it was a fab show. (local review here)
- Lace top - no label, Vintage Expo; first worn here in September with a bit of steampunk
- Corset top - Betsey Johnson, vintage 90s; last seen here (2nd outfit) for a Valentine's tea with Mom (another steampunk look!)
- Skirt - Kay Unger, thrifted; first worn here in July with mustard and leopard
- Boots - Velazquez Baroque, Fluevog; last seen here in November 2014 with grey
My outfit got a lot of comments, both from theatre-goers (the layered necklaces, the boots and the outfit overall) and from my friends, one of whom actually unzipped my corset top to check it out! Hey, stop that!
Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Get yourself over there!
I couldn't resist - I had to christen the "Unsafe Ocelot" coat! Can you tell I'm feeling totally badass in this?
|I see a suspicious tail!|
- Pearl necklace - Aldo Accessories
- Necklace - Banana Republic, consignment
- Earrings - all local
Today is the last chillin' day before I'm back to work tomorrow. I'm dreading it - why can't I be a woman of leisure?
I hope you're having a great weekend!