We are well and truly into the holiday season now - let's break out our most fun, sparkly and seasonal items, shall we? Oh, yes, we shall.
Starting with Monster Vest, which I have discovered has a mind of its own. Swear alert!
"Monster Vest gives no fucks!"
In other words, a perfect vest for a foggy Friday. I'm linking this very much "I wear what I want" outfit to Patti's "Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style. In your face!
- Vest - Zara Woman, consignment; first worn here in November with leather pants
- Top - Jean Paul Gaultier, vintage 90s, consignment; purchased here (with the vest) that same weekend, for $68.00
- Trousers - Linda Lundstrom, swap from Caro; first worn here in August with blue and teals
- Shoes - Poetic Licence; last seen here in March with now-turfed grey wool and burgundy velvet
- Coat (below) - Borgeoiis, vintage 80s menswear, thrifted; last seen here in November
Here was my view when sitting on the stairs.
Craigdarroch Castle (link, 'cause I love)
I had originally not planned to wear the vest - this was my outfit, which was built around the trousers and this new-to-me top.
I made the choice easier on myself by wearing this top (that I love) over the waistband, with the pleather navy blue obi over that - this kept the high waistband from getting annoying.
Once I had this outfit on, I realized I was going to be too cold all day. Hmm, whatever could I wear over it? Monster Vest, you say?
"Monster Vest doesn't care about your ridiculous requests!" I rarred this to my colleagues several times throughout the day.
Outerwear. It was sunny and clear all weekend, getting very chilly when it was dark in the mornings and evenings. Bundle up!
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Wool gloves - Parkhurst
- Obi - Benetton, thrifted
- Earrings - Lazy Susan's
- Hematite ring - thrifted
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
I had my coworker Dana over for dinner after work on Friday, and we steamed out the wonderful wool/cashmere coat we found on our thrift shop last weekend for her, so that she could wear it to the company Christmas party Saturday night. Party time!
L and I played boardgames that night, then were up early for breakfast at Floyd's Diner. I had to do the bulk of my Christmas shopping, so we needed to beat the crowds.
- Dress - no label, consignment; last seen here on Christmas Day 2016
- Shoes - Truths Makena, Fluevog; last worn here (3rd outfit) in November for a vintage and movie afternoon
- Coat (below) - Prosper and Devine, antique store; last worn here in December 2015(!!) for Christmas shopping
It was even foggier Saturday morning.
This dress is a fine wool-blend knit, and fairly sheer, so I wore a full vintage slip under it.
I walked all over town, loading myself up with presents, and humming Christmas carols under my breath. It was crisp and sunny by noon.
Outerwear, because everyone needs more pink tentacles in their life!
It's also a bit of an attention-grabber, so I also have to be prepared for the comments (positive) and stares (fine, whatever) I get when I wear it.
- Silk scarf - thrifted
- Wool gloves - Parkhurst
These shoes have rubber soles, and were wonderful for a day of shopping.
I don't like too many distractions when I'm shopping with purpose!
- Earrings - thrifted
|"Yes, look how needy I am."|
|"Did you need something, Woman? Leave me to my bird-watching, please."|
I may have found a couple of things for myself while I was out shopping...
|"Nom, I approve, these pants are delicious."|
|"And this side is just as tasty! How thoughtful of you to buy me these."|
On the way home, I quickly stopped in at the Patch and finally bought this maxi skirt that I've had my eye on for a few months. I've been telling myself, "next time, next time, if it's still there" and this time I tried it on and bought it.
|"This is inadequate. Where are the chewing parts?"|
Having shooed Vizzini away from my new purchases, he vigorously attacked my shopping bag.
|"No one tells me what I can chew on!"|
|"This bag will suffer my wrath!"|
|"I am a seething ball of fury!"|
I quickly dyed my hair that afternoon, then got dressed up. We had a party to go to on Saturday night, my work's "Casino Royale" shindig at a local hotel, complete with gambling tables, a photobooth, dancing and an Elvis MC. I pulled out all the glitter and glam for it.
- Dress - Ralph Lauren Blue Label Caralinda dress, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) for a 30s-themed Urbanite in October 2016
- Fur jacket - Bebe, consignment; last seen here that same night
- Shoes - Shellys London; last worn here (5th outfit) in March with copper leather and culottes
- Coat (below) - Hilary Radley, thrifted; last seen here last week
Because wearing a fur jacket can be very warm, I varied between having it on and draping it off one wrist all night.
|"There aren't really people out there, are there? I don't see anyone."|
The look with the jacket on.
Outerwear. L and I actually walked to the event (I wore a pair of my Doc Martens and socks, and held the hem of my gown).
- Gloves - vintage, thrifted
- Fur scarf - Danier, thrifted
They are by Sherman, a very famous rhinestone jewelry-maker from the 50s and 60s. My bracelet is the only marked piece in the set.
Mine still has the original purple velvet case from the Hudson's Bay Company.
Oh, and here's my lovely purse.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and are getting into the holiday spirit!