Another slammin' busy day - I thought it was supposed to be quieter around the holidays?
- Cardigan - Tommy Hilfiger, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in November 2016 with loads of grey again
- Sleeveless sweater - INC, thrifted; last worn here in September with red flowers
- Pants - Rongsheng, thrifted; purchased here for $19.95
- Shoes - Diesel, consignment, Vancouver; last seen here almost exactly a year ago, in December 2016 with iridescent orange
- Men's coat (below) - Borgeoiis, thrifted; last worn here over Monster Vest
I haven't worn this cardigan in ages, but it was lovely and soft, and even though it's thin, it's still wool. It might move to a "wear around the house" piece, though, as it's not getting much wear in my regular wardrobe.
I have a bone to pick with these black metallic sparkly knee highs by Kate Spade. I bought them in the drug store on super-clearance at $4.95/pair, regular $22.00/pair, in this black, a light silvery grey, and a pale gold, all metallic (pic of them here). When I took them out of the package, they are totally long, like they would go all the way up to mid-thigh, but when I put them on, they have very little stretch, and bunch up just under my knee (they only would fit over my knee if I had no kneecap). They sag around the ankle and the shaped heel slouched down towards my toes all day. They are very tight in the calf, and one popped a run. And they're scratchy!
Ms. Spade, these are shoddy knee-highs. I was really excited about them, and expected better from you. I wish they were better! I want to wear them, but they drove me crazy. Sigh!
Outerwear. Grey, you say? Why, yes, I do own a grey scarf, gloves and coat. Must wear them!
- Fur boa - thrifted
- Wool gloves - Parkhurst
- Chain cuff - thrifted
- Earrings and graduated bead necklace (far right) - gifts from Mom
- Bracelets/necklace/ring - thrifted (first wear of the bottom left bracelet with gold beads)
I'm off for now and will be back on Sunday. I have many adventures planned, but a slight tickle in my throat that I'm hoping is the residual effect of all the facial freezing wearing off. Fingers crossed!
Wishing you all a very peaceful weekend, as we roll into the holiday season!