What a wonderfully pleasant weekend! No major obligations, chores or duties to perform.
- Shirt - Cartise, consignment; purchased here in December 2015 for $24.00
- Tux trousers - handmade, thrifted; last seen here in September 2015 with chartreuse lace
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here in December 2015 with Versace mom jeans
The shirt got a lot of reactions at work - nearly everyone who saw me commented on it. It really does look like folded bits of paper up close - origami! So much work went into making this - every piece of it that was sewn together would have had to have the strips of white fabric painstakingly sewn down, folded, sewn down, folded, change direction, sewn down. Tedious and expensive. This shirt felt expensive to wear.
When I see these satin tux pants hanging in my closet, I often think I'll get rid of them, but they always stay. Black pants are a classic (especially in satin), and these lend themselves well to cropping. I tried tucking the hems up underneath in these pictures, but as you can see in the first pic, I ended up rolling them to make them stay cropped. I like that versatility.
- Necklace - gift from L, antique mall
- Turquoise ring - local
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Earrings - Glee
You can compare the American turquoise in the ring above and see the difference in the two kinds. I love my necklace regardless, and enjoyed the weight of it all day.
L and I were both up early on Saturday for breakfast - a full day of football playoffs ahead of us!
- Sweater - Banana Republic, thrifted; last seen here in December 2015 for a Christmas shopping trip
- Pants - Gap, thrifted; last worn here in November 2015 with a boho blouse
- Shoes - Down to Earth Hadfield, Fluevog; last seen here in December 2015 on the shopping trip where I bought the white shirt above
A casual sweater, nothing crazy.
I'm so chill in leather.
- Cuff - Jezebel Charms, gift from L
- Earrings - Glee
I made Yvonne a Zentangle tile as a thank-you for hosting Winesday.
Well, back to football! My beloved Panthers have upset the Seahawks, so much excitement.