Well, that was a fun long weekend! Even though it was US Thanksgiving, I am very thankful for taking that time off and relaxing with my friends and family (that would be L and Vizzini).
More pictures below, but I'm leading with my glamour shot from last night's party.Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style (go, go, go!) and to Anne's "52-Pick-Up" over at Spy Girl - the theme is "Gold, Abundance, Friendship". I think my necklace and my abundance of friends certainly qualifies me! Oh, and mustn't forget "Hat Attack!" at Judith's Style Crone (I so love your green fascinator, Judith!).
But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we have Thursday, Friday and Saturday to get to!
- Leather shirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; last worn here in October with D&G
- Picador skirt - vintage 50s, handmade, thrifted; last seen here in July with orange
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) a couple of weeks ago in a weekend outfit
- Earrings - Tania Gleave
- Ring - Oscar & Libby's
I also cracked open the wine, heh heh.
L and I spent most of Friday chilling out. I had booked a haircut for the afternoon, so I headed to town.
- Jacket - Le Chateau, consignment; last seen here earlier this month with bright flowers
- Sweater (underneath) - Ellen Tracy, swap; last worn here (5th outfit) for Saturday brunch
- Skirt - Ralph Lauren, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in August for a chill weekend
- Boots - Babycakes Mini, Fluevog; last seen here in September with Victorian leather
- Gloves/Scarf - Parkhurst
|"I like the woman's skirt."|
I was a few minutes early, so I quickly scouted out Flavour Upstairs for anything good. I may have gasped aloud when I saw this skirt. I snatched it off the rack like someone was going to tear it from my hands!
Behold, the Muppet Skirt!
It's by Joy Nilsson, an Australian designed from the late 60s/early 70s who stopped making clothing in early 1974. Check this out here - it's an article from The Age newspaper from Feb 28, 1974 noting that Ms. Nilsson had shut down for good.
On Saturday, L and I did our usual brunch.
- Sweater - Vero Moda, thrifted; first seen here for a Casual Friday in September
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; last worn here (4th outfit) for a limo adventure last March!
- Boots - Marc; last seen here (2nd outfit) in September on a very red weekend
|"I must investigate this mysterious skirt."|
Outerwear! It was a good day for yellow leather.
- Studded cuff - homegrown vintage, 80s
- Leather cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
I wore my hair up during the day, so that it would be easier to prop it up for the evening - party time!
- Dress - Joseph Ribkoff, vintage 90s; purchased here in June for $32.00
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last seen here in November with the bright flowered skirt
- Coat (below) - Forever 21, thrifted
I took this shot because I did my nails! I rarely bother with them - and I hate when they are long! - but I grew them out a bit, filed them and put on a coat of navy blue quick-dry polish. I removed it today and cut my nails - back to normal!
I was so comfy all night in this dress.
And you know I love showing off my ink.
Doesn't L look awesome?
My little beaded purse.
This is a gorgeous vintage necklace that I've had for about 15 years.
It's quite a statement piece, and I don't wear it very often, but isn't it gorgeous?
- Fascinator - Roberta's Hats
- Necklace/earrings - vintage 30s, gift from L
- Green crystal ring - consignment
- Amber crystal ring - late 90s
Vizzini spotted my feather fascinator and became obsessed with finding it.
|"Hmmm...not feathers, but still possible edible."|
|"Is that the feather thing? I want the feathers!"|
One of my coworkers owns a photobooth set-up, so L and I did our pictures.