Oh, man, I am so happy we have a holiday tomorrow. Of course, having a holiday today would have been even better because then I would have had a long weekend, but whatevs.
And yeah, that is me, resplendent in lavender ultra-suede. Let's just let that sink in for a bit.
- Dress - Casuals Unlimited, vintage 70s, thrifted; purchased here for $27.99
- Boots - Clark's Indigo; last seen here while looking like Carol Burnett
- Belt - vintage, thrifted
- Necklace - consignment
- Heart locket - local, gift from L
- Amber ring - 90s
- Quartz ring - Uffizi Gallery Gift Shop, Florence
- Earrings - gift from L
After work on Friday, I raced home and napped for an hour. I had places to go, people to see, crazy things to wear!
link) It was presented as one of their Urbanite series, which is basically a party at the Gallery. I always like to wear something a wee bit kooky for Urbanites.
- Hat - vintage; purchased here back in May for $20.00
- Jacket - Dries van Noten, vintage, thrifted for $18.00 here in August
- Skirt - Bedo, thrifted; last seen here in June with orange
- Shoes - Poetic Licence; purchased here
I loved wearing this genuine Dries van Noten jacket - it was so soft and so gorgeous. See how the sleeves puff at the shoulder? That's all sewn that way; no shoulder pads. And can you believe $18.00? I still give myself the vapours when I think of that score.
My "I punch you" pose:
I topped it with my fabulous vintage superhero swing coat (last seen here just after I bought it in September).
- Big spinner ring - consignment
- Small spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
- Death Star ring - Stone Roses
- Crystal ring - Melanie Lyne
- Crystal earring - Jacob
- Chain, cuff, earring thing - Claire's
Oh, and I carried this chainmetal bag. which was a gift a few years ago from Megan Mae:
I did remember that the Art Gallery had an interactive portion of the show opening. You could type on real manual typewriters (I was shocked at how weak my fingers were!), and you could take their blank-faced heads and draw on them.
Which is what I did:
I slept in on Saturday, then L and I cruised down to Floyd's for brunch.
- Leia jacket - Bonspiel, consignment; last seen here in March with my Morena skirt
- Suede skirt - vintage 70s, gift from Elaine; last seen here in March with florals
- Boots - Clark's Indigo; last seen right up there
- Belt - Club Monaco
- Brooch - vintage fair
- Cuff - vintage fair
- Chain cuff - Renoir
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
- Copper rings - vintage fair
- Bronze ring - 70s, Pentti Sarpaneva
- Silver/crystal ring - consignment
- Earrings - consignment
Oops, forgot to take them off.
I wish I'd had time for a nap on Saturday, but we had to rush off to meet a bunch of friends before dinner (mmm...Thai food) and then all go (and meet more friends) at a nightclub to see The Smalls.
- Dress - Naughty; last seen here looking distinctly skirt-ish in October 2013
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last seen here last weekend
By the way, here's a review of the show. I had never heard of The Smalls, but L and I are both Corb Lund fans. They reminded me of a cross between The Tragically Hip and Tool; I'm fans of both of those bands, and it was an excellent show. I was a smart old bag and wore my earplugs!
- Cuffs - big one is thrifted, the wide cutout one is from St. Paul's Cathedral gift shop, and the thin bangle is local
- Spider and snake rings - from the 80s
- Spinner rings - as above
- Bird skull earring - local Vancouver
- Chain/cuff/earring thing - Claire's
- Leather obi - local, gift from L
I had behaved myself drinkwise, and was up bright and early for my oldest niece Zoe's arrival. It's Day with Crazy Aunt Sheila!
- Leather Buffy dress - Danier, thrifted; last seen here on our March trip to Vancouver
- Striped tee - I just wear this around the house now, not tracking its wears any more
- Boots - Pegabo; last seen here, ha! that same weekend as our March trip to Vancouver
I stuffed the boot with a couple of magazines to make it stand up. They are tall!
- Necklace - gift from blogger Tina several years ago
- Studded cuff - vintage 80s
- Black cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Ring with black stone - 80s, gift from Mom & Dad
- Round ring - Nine West
- The rest - as above (I'm getting tired of typing it all over and over)
Zoe and I had a grand time. I found myself a little something in Flavour Upstairs:
Or not. I mean, look at that beautiful stripey goodness!
I crashed last night, but now here we are, back to Monday!
- Blazer - vintage fair; purchased here
- Blouse - Tangerine Jill, thrifted; last seen here in September when I spilled coffee grounds all over it
- Leather skirt - Danier, thrifted; last seen here (a few outfits down) in March with rust
- Shoes - Half Truth Tanya, Fluevog; last worn here and also featured here for Shoe Shine
- Rings - as above
- Earrings - cheapies
- Brooch - thrifted
It was pretty quiet at work today, which was great because I'm still getting caught up! Another newsletter is due and it's late. Gah. Stupid things.
But look, I got a lovely present in the mail!
|Shelley included that awesome postcard of David Bowie's "Aladdin Sane" costume.|
Phew! That's it...what did I miss? No cat pictures! I barely saw Vizzini over this whirlwind of a weekend, but I will be sure to make it up to him. Hope you all had a fun time!
Oh, that's what I missed: "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style! Are you dead? No? Then go!