But I get what I pay for, which is...nothing!...so can't really complain, right? Anyway, this is Wednesday's work outfit.
- Vest - Indochino menswear, consignment; last seen here with ruffles and velour in August
- Silk shirt - Evidence, vintage 80s, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) in July for a VV shop with Emma
- Tulle skirt - Taba, thrifted; first seen here in a half-right outfit in July
- Cotton blazer (below) - Club Monaco menswear, thrifted; last seen here in June for a Mom-Day with copper
- Luke/Yoda shoes - Irregular Choice Star Wars collection; last worn here in July with a striped shirt
I wanted to wear this thrifted tulle skirt again, having not really liked the previous look. This was better.
This blue silk shirt worked well with it, and then I added the vest and then that lead to the Star Wars shoes. I needed the blazer in the morning, and thought I might want to wear it in the office, but I only had it on briefly.
Can't see the vest, but I know it's there.
Incognito. Whateley was lurking around.
I felt vaguely superhero-ish in this, which was appropriate as we cheered on folks rappelling down my office building as a charity fundraiser. My work-pal Ariana did it and so did colleague Carol! Woo!
The stuff:
The stuff:
I forgot I had the Star Wars belt on!
- Snake brooch - thrifted
The shoes in action:
It took a while to break these in, but I walked both ways comfortably. Don't they go great with the skirt? Weird bling:
This belt will be forever worn with one of my pairs of Star Wars shoes.
- Star Wars seatbelt belt - Buckle Down, consignment, gift from L
- Cat pin - gift from Yvonne
- Steel cuff - Lakeland Art Metal Works, vintage 70s, thrifted
- Carved faux cinnabar bangle - consignment
- Jet/crystal necklace - Grandma J's, vintage 50s
- Silver earrings - Israeli, consignment
- Silver/enamel ring - antique shop, Sidney
- Silver/lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
In the above pictures, the necklace is lost under the collar - I didn't have time to fix it before I left, so when I got to the office, I quickly hacked it.
Good ol' paperclips, right up there with staplers, erasers and safety pins.
See? It sits much better.
My office bathroom and my much-repaired phone case with Wonder Woman sticker.If you're gonna lurk, I'm going to pick you up.
He loves a cuddle, likes sitting on my chest (briefly) when I read in bed.
Looking pretty on the deck.
They're going to freak out when we close the deck doors for the season.And now...here's Mom-Day! I bussed out to Mom's, and then we drove to Sidney to check out her art cronies' show, and go for lunch.
Such an awesome day! The last time we were in Sidney was here in September 2024, when I bought a painting and multi-media picture from this same art group. I wanted to wear this "Post-it" skirt again, so I paired it with...what I wore with it last time! This same t-shirt!
Not terribly creative, but I did layer this yellow blouse under that for Drama and sun cover.
- Cotton blouse - Zara, consignment; last seen here at Beacon Hill Park in May with Mom and Brian
- Banksy exhibit tee - thrifted; last worn here for the Day of Indolence in May
- Skirt - Tangerine Jill, consignment; first seen here also on the May DOI
- Duckie shoes - Catalyst Shapers, Fluevog; last worn here on a Treat Herself Mom-Day in August
When I got on the bus downtown, a funky-looking human caught my eye. I gave her the up-down "I see this outfit, yes!!" pointing and a thumbs up.
And she did it right back! The youngs, they're just like us.
Mom's seen all this before, but I dressed to be artsy and "out there."
The art ladies loved my Banksy shirt ("Art against fascism!" I said), and as Mom and I entered Jack's pub, a person leaving shouted, "Your skirt! Jesus Christ!"
I mean, it's quite a skirt. I get it.
It was fun to wear it again. I'm looking forward to pairing it with boots and sweaters. This leather purse was excellent! The front pocket held my iPhone and my sunglasses/glasses. The thick leather tassels were a tactile delight.
- Leather purse - Roots, consignment, Powell River; purchased here for $47.00
- Silk scarf - Alexander McQueen, consignment
- Pins - freebies from Fluevog
- Cat skeleton pin - whatserface, Vancouver
Turquoise bling:
My turquoise makes me happy.
- Stone cuff - thrifted, Sidney
- Silver/turquoise bracelet - consignment
- Metal earrings - thrifted
- Gold-tone/turquoise ring - consignment
- Silver/turquoise rings - both consignment
After hiding under the bed from the cleaners all morning, Whateley came out with his big eyes, begging me not to leave.
Or maybe it's, "Feed me"? I'll be home soon! Barnabas was inspecting the carpets for cat-toys they'd batted under the couches.
I laughed at the Whateley ears behind the stool.
I laughed at the Whateley ears behind the stool.
And now, pictures! I walked to town - it was a beautiful day.
The way to Mom's at the end of the bus-ride.
The way to Mom's at the end of the bus-ride.
Looking through the Garry Oaks at the pine and fir stand where the owls live.
This is a very bird-rich environment.
This is a very bird-rich environment.
Nothing new, but I did watch this immature Cooper's hawk soar and land on this branch.
See her? Right in the middle.
See her? Right in the middle.
Mom's started a new puzzle.
It's the front porch of a log cabin with a dog.
We hopped in the car and headed out along the highway.
Michell's Farms - look at all the pumpkins! All ready for Thanksgiving and Hallowe'en!I was charmed by this fat seal carving.
I've seen many seals like that, back in the days of marine parks and entertainments.
Mom and I had a look around.
Amazing work. I really like that rainy painting in the middle. Mom's looking very spiffy in her spotted pants, palm leaf sparkly tee, and this teal blue jacket.
We had a good look around.
We had a good look around.
A selfie with that seaside background instead of the parking lot.
It smelled good and salty, and the sun was warm.
It smelled good and salty, and the sun was warm.
Mom's been paying attention to posing!
That's an utterly charming picture, and you look so beautiful, Mom. I love you!
We drove home after a delicious lunch, and worked on the puzzle for half an hour.
I finished the border - go, me! After my sleeves dragged the corner apart, I called it - time to go! I arrived home after two buses to an ecstatic reception.
Don't get up or anything, Barnabas. And there we are, Gentle Reader, time to sign off for the weekend. Please stop in on Sunday for tales of adventure! Have a great one, and thank you so much for being here.



























No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!
I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.
Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.
Cheers,
Sheila